Track in progress. Need feedback before submitting

Hello guys!

I’m working in this kind of epic music to submit to AJ, and I need some feedback, since a lot of my tracks got rejected.

Every feedback is very important to me. Please help :slight_smile:

This is a UNFINISHED track, so there is no ending, but the idea and the core is there.

Hello!
IMHO
0:03 (0:20 etc) - FX sounds and crash sounds dry and careless.
0:10 (0:20 etc) - the blow sounds and all. You let go of the atmosphere and the listener.
And they repeat constantly. This is a big mistake.
0:20 - For some reason I do not like these strings. Maybe try to find better tools.
But musically it’s a great idea. Heroic, epic, inspirational.
1:12-1:47 I like it. I wanted on horseback to destroy enemies in the name of the Horde :sweat_smile:!!!
Do not stretch more than two minutes track.
My advice, banal but, уou need to work more in the mix(equalization, panning, effects processing, etc), and listen to more tracks of top authors in these categories.
Anyway, I wish you good luck!

Hey @Ksarex thanks for the feedback!

I see what you mean about the FX and mixing. I will improve it. But, what is wrong with the strings? Tell me to see how can I fix it.

Thanks again for the feedback :slight_smile:

Don’t like the sound
Sound too iron, flat :thinking:
This is my subjective opinion (IMHO)

Your opinion is very important to me :slight_smile:
I’ll try to find a new string or try to make this one sounds better. Thank you again.

Your strings need to be programmed to sound more real and expressive. Attach notes in each melodic line, make them sing. You need different bowing styles (vibrato, slow sustain, legato, lyrical, expressive etc) to achieve that. Move the start of the note earlier if the note is to slow to attack. Use MIDI controller 1,7,11 etc for the final touch. LIsten to live orchestra to develop your sensitvity and ear for this. I don’t know if it’s the case in your track but avoid sample repetition.

The mix need to be cleaner. You get to much harch frequencies (2000-4000 hz) and not enough treble. For that kind of big epic track your contrabasses may be more present. I personnally start by cleaning my instruments with very narrow notches to attenuate too loud harmonics and after that, I choose where instruments will have their place in the frequency spectrum.

I hope it helps!