НДС для российских авторов

THIS IS ILLEGAL !!!

• To take taxes you MUST be a company resident of Russia. Do you transfer VAT to Russia?
  • VAT is paid by a buyer, NOT author!
  • Russians pay 0% taxes in US jurisdiction. We all have completed the TAX statement forms where it is clearly indicated.

I understand that business is business and you want earn more and more.
But these dirty tricks are not going to happen. At least for me.

If you do this, I will definitely say GOODBYE to you.

YOU TAKE ILLEGAL ACTION, AND YOU MUST FIX IT!

THE RUSSIANS AUTHORS MATTER!

7 Likes

Open any book with theory “fundamentals of the law”. Read definitions of taxes.
Taxes are paid by the citizens THEIR State (Country), and they get Healthcare, protection, education, etc, in return.

THIS IS FUNDAMENTAL DEFINITION OF TAXES!
YOU CANNOT CHARGE TAXES, YOU ARE NOT OUR COUNTRY!

4 Likes

It would be reasonable to levy tax if the buyer is from Russia, and if the buyer (for example) is from the USA, then this is nonsense.

2 Likes

Было бы неплохо в русской ветке писать по-русски. Особенно это касается официальных представителей, т.к. неправильно переведенная или понятая информация может дать печальные последствия.

3 Likes

Hi @Ticketrilla_team !
What language is the main message in this topic from an official employee of Envato (Steve) written in? :sweat_smile:

Okay, but then If we even I buy a service from Envato, then how do we return our VAT then? E.g. some authors have paid fee to you, say, $100 per month. This is 100 = the price + VAT. Then according the law we can get VAT back. How do we do that?

2 Likes

It’s in the original announcement…

If you’re registered for VAT in Russia, there should not be much of an overall difference in your earnings. Envato will be supplying all Russian Authors with a compliant VAT invoice so that you can declare all relevant sales on your VAT return, and claim a tax adjustment for any VAT charged.

It’s not.

You don’t need to be… the Russian government wouldn’t have set up a website listing non-Russian countries that collect Russian VAT otherwise. And yes, they will be transferring VAT to Russia quarterly.

You’re being charged VAT on the author’s fee… a service you buy from Envato. In this instance, you are the buyer.

That’s for income tax, so it’s unrelated to VAT.

They’re not earning any more by doing this.

They’re not taking illegal action.

I agree, but unfortunately, whether somebody matters or not, they still have to pay VAT.

3 Likes

All the best and good luck in the future! :wink:

P.S. You just have to understand how Russian laws work and reread them a few more times! Envato has nothing to do with this, they just follow the laws that are written in Russia, because Envato provides digital services to Russian users (those who are and live in Russia)!

Let’s take a purely theoretical situation: Envato refused to pay VAT for Russian users.*

@Lionberg Do you think we would have access to the Envato sites now? :thinking:

1 Like

Please do not use personal attacks! :wink:

We have already said goodbye…

Что в envato изменилось, что они вдруг решили платить ндс? До этого не платили и все было ок и тут вдруг решили платить. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Yes, and none of the other audio stocks introduce new VAT for Russian authors, unlike Envato!

I wonder what has changed in Russian law since 16th November? I guess nothing… So all that time before Envato was breaking the law? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi @Saul-Goodman !
The answer is very simple and straightforward.

Also: Probably some amendments were made to the law (about VAT). Our laws are constantly changing and this is not surprising!

Плохо что вы решили на нас это повесить

1 Like

I have nothing to do with it. :joy:
I’m just stating a fact, I am also pay now this tax (VAT) on each of my sales.

Open the tax code and find the payment of VAT, there everything is clearly written and very understandable (all this is on the Internet in the public domain / Chapter 21).

я имел ввиду Envato, а не вас

1 Like

Envato doesn’t write tax laws!!! Envato is just doing them in good faith!!!

Точнее будет сказать, мы их добросовестно исполняем