Top Sellers Should Be Based On Revenue NOT Number Of Sales!

+1

+1

+1

+1

1 Like

+1

+1

+1

1 Like

Top Sellers means absolutely nothing to me. I look for 5 Star, Top Reviewed items, and I do read the reviews before I buy anything. Perhaps Envato, like Amazon can have an “Envato’s Choice” list that is based not only based on sales, but also on star ratings, and positive customer reviews.

Since most top sellers remain top sellers week after week after month after month after year after year (one current top seller has been on the chart for no less than 5 years, with others enjoying 3 and 4 year runs), it’s clear that many, many buyers do rely on the top sellers page for guidance.

Audiojungle buyers rarely rate their purchases. I have received 51 ratings in my 4 years here, and that is considered on the high side. Only one of my tracks has received the requisite 3 ratings that reveal the number of stars.

Revenue remains the best metric by which to determine top sellers, far more accurate than “number of units sold.”

7 Likes

I think reviews and star ratings are pointless at Audio Jungle, where you can listen to an entire track to see if it meets the needs of your project. You can download the entire song with a watermark on it and try it out in your project before you buy. Why would you need to rely on other people’s opinions about it? It’s not like you’re buying cheap electronic goods from China!

3 Likes

+1 … good idea!

+1

+1, yes!

1 Like

+1

+1

+1
Audiojungle needs to fix this search/exposure criteria hole in other to keep being the best music stock site in the world! :globe_with_meridians:

3 Likes
  • 1 :sunglasses:
2 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

+1