token error

hi i’ve created a token for enfold wordpress theme. i tried several times, but the key is not working. i get the following error:
username Fehlercode 403 von Envato erhalten: Forbidden:
- code: not_authenticated
email Fehlercode 403 von Envato erhalten: Forbidden:
what can i do?
please help.
kind regards,
veronika

Hi @Loveronika,

Please make sure you have created personal token using your original account (purchased the theme).

Response codes

• 403 means the personal token is incorrect or does not have the required permission(s).

Envato API personal token:
You can generate Envato API personal token here . Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account

Before you create a new token the following 3 permissions should be selected from the list of permission available on the Token page.

1. View and search Envato sites (checked by default)
  2. Download the user’s purchased items
  3. List purchases the user has made

Thanks

hi, did it again how you wrote. still got the error message. can you please have a look?
name of token is antjetoken

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with the token till now. If you created the token using the purchaser account with proper permissions then it should work fine.

You can contact Enfold Author Support and let them know. Theme Author will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Is this the screen you see?

If yes, then you need to click “Save Changes” before you click “Test API Connection”, otherwise you will continue to get an error. Make sure the format of your token looks similar to the token in the screenshot.

hi, yes i have contacted enfold support, they told me to contact envato…

yes this is the screen i see. i clicked save changes first. still i get error messages:

username Fehlercode 403 von Envato erhalten: Forbidden:
email Fehlercode 403 von Envato erhalten: Forbidden:

not_authenticated means you didn’t select the necessary permissions. Enfold needs more permissions than shown above. Try changing the token’s permissions to these:

hi, i have done tokens with all permissions and it didn’t work. now i have created a new token with exactly checked the boxes like in the picture. This is what i get:

Incorrect token permissions, please generate another token or fix the permissions on the existing token.

Please ensure only the following permissions are enabled:

View and search Envato sites
Download your purchased items
List purchases you've made

Additional Error Details:
Found too many permissions on token…
sale:verify

This error:

…and this error:

…are coming from two different systems. You cannot use the same token for both, because they each have different permission requirements.

hm… I need two tokens? I am completely confused now

Yes, if you’re trying to enter a token into two different plugins, you will need to create a different token for each with their respective permissions.

The original error in your post is from something that’s trying to look at the username and email on your account using the token. I don’t know what it is, perhaps the auto-updater created by the Enfold team?

The Envato Market plugin, where your second error came from, never looks up your username and email so those errors can’t possibly be coming from there.

Each plugin will need its own token here, because the Envato Market plugin will error if the token has too many permissions (for security reasons), and the other plugin wants more permissions.

Sorry @Loveronika, I had to step away for a bit so I couldn’t give complete instructions.

So first and foremost, create a token with these exact permissions and name it “Envato Market Plugin”:

Then enter it into the Envato Market plugin, which looks like below:

It should succeed.

Next go back and create another new token, this time named “Enfold”, with at least the following permissions:

Enter that token into Enfold’s settings (I’m not exactly sure where you do that, consult their documentation if needed). Do not enter this token into the Envato Market plugin above, or it will error.

Thank you, no more errors :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same error! Same solution and it worked for me!