Tippity Top Tips Topic

So, let’s all join in and leave your best, funniest, most sincere tips for making it in the deep dark jungle!

I have no idea if such a topic already exists, I couldn’t find one.

I’ll start with 5 random tips, just copy and paste the list of the previous post and add your own tip(s):

#1 - Don’t lie about what a ‘big shot’ you are in the music business on your profile page. No one believes you’ve produced for Lady Gaga or R. Kelly if your only portfolio item sounds like a three year old kid hitting a xyolophone with it’s elbows. Be honest, be yourself.

#2 - Copy the big names! Well I don’t mean literally take their tracks and sell them as your own, but try and learn what makes their stuff special, why their stuff sells better than the rest, and try to replicate that productional level. In the Netherlands we have a saying that (roughly) translates to : It’s better to steal something gloriously, than to contrive something badly. We Dutch like to steal!

#3 - Post Audiojungle memes in the audiojungle memes topic. It’s mostly frustrated passive aggressive authors making fun of Envato rules and announcements, but it’s fun!

#4 - Go outside once in a while

#5 - Buy stuff on Envato! No one likes a ‘no-purchase-badge-author’!

1 - Don’t lie about what a ‘big shot’ you are in the music business on your profile page. No one believes you’ve produced for Lady Gaga or R. Kelly if your only portfolio item sounds like a three year old kid hitting a xyolophone with it’s elbows. Be honest, be yourself.
2 - Copy the big names! Well I don’t mean literally take their tracks and sell them as your own, but try and learn what makes their stuff special, why their stuff sells better than the rest, and try to replicate that productional level. In the Netherlands we have a saying that (roughly) translates to : It’s better to steal something gloriously, than to contrive something badly. We Dutch like to steal!
3 - Post Audiojungle memes in the audiojungle memes topic. It’s mostly frustrated passive aggressive authors making fun of Envato rules and announcements, but it’s fun!
4 - Go outside once in a while
5 - Buy stuff on Envato! No one likes a ‘no-purchase-badge-author’!
6 - Don’t post stuff on the forum just to post stuff on the forum. At least try to be relevant. Contrary to popular myth no buyer cares how many posts you wrote. Leave the toil…, ah, forum as you would like to find it.

1 Like

^^ always wash your hands after point 6.

2 Likes

1 - Don’t lie about what a ‘big shot’ you are in the music business on your profile page. No one believes you’ve produced for Lady Gaga or R. Kelly if your only portfolio item sounds like a three year old kid hitting a xyolophone with it’s elbows. Be honest, be yourself.
2 - Copy the big names! Well I don’t mean literally take their tracks and sell them as your own, but try and learn what makes their stuff special, why their stuff sells better than the rest, and try to replicate that productional level. In the Netherlands we have a saying that (roughly) translates to : It’s better to steal something gloriously, than to contrive something badly. We Dutch like to steal!
3 - Post Audiojungle memes in the audiojungle memes topic. It’s mostly frustrated passive aggressive authors making fun of Envato rules and announcements, but it’s fun!
4 - Go outside once in a while
5 - Buy stuff on Envato! No one likes a ‘no-purchase-badge-author’!
6 - Don’t post stuff on the forum just to post stuff on the forum. At least try to be relevant. Contrary to popular myth no buyer cares how many posts you wrote. Leave the toil…, ah, forum as you would like to find it.
7 - Don’t take everything too seriously, really important one too!

8 - I always like to take a fully charged torch with me as I trek through the dark jungle. Some may use the search engine to find their way, some may use the popular files list but with a trusted torch it will illuminate a very dark jungle.

2 Likes
  1. Ukulele, muted guitar, whistle and claps (as much as you can).
2 Likes