Three Rejected Items,some help please

I just had three rejected items which I believe are all comparable with songs in their categories.Can you help me figure what is wrong with these songs:

Hm…I see no problems with either of the three. The last one is a little too long but it is the kind of track that would never be used in its whole length anyway, so it doesn’t matter at all, even better-more choice for customer to cut from it

In Summer Pop, the saxophone introduces at 0:55 doesn’t sound good in itself and in my opinion doesn’t fit in this context. It also has some obvious rhythmic issues.

You think it will pass without saxophone?

I have no idea, of course. But that’s what stuck out to me on that one.

No, of course you don’t, I silly phrased the question

They sounded fine to me but I just got a list of rejections too with no reasons why. Kind of tough to say what to work on when you have no point of reference. Find it extremely hard to believe a “reviewer” can’t take 30 seconds or copy/paste stock responses regarding the reason for rejection.

The punk rock had a pretty big volume jump when the lead guitar came in but stylistically I thought it was great. Sounds like HGTV stuff to me lol

So you liked it? Thanks :slight_smile:
What is HGTV by the way? can you give some link,I’d like to hear it myself

It would probably take more than 30 seconds. Even with canned responses, nothing will really change. Most rejected tracks have multiple reasons why they’re rejected.

Your cynicism is very much unappreciated. It’s less helpful than the no reason given rejection notice.

Home/Garden TV. Like renovation shows or whatever. Some guy is like I’mma knock this whole wall out! And they do a clip of him going at it with a sledge hammer. lol just what came to mind.

Sorry - I don’t mean to be cynical. I’ve just read a lot of topics here expressing frustration on reviewers not giving specific reasons for rejection. While I agree that it would be nice, it would also considerably increase review times. Most people are able to get good advice and feedback here on the forums - it seems to be working well.

I would guess that there’s a lot of people here who experience a high number of rejections on AJ and who would be better off submitting their music to a different publisher. In the end, Envato is just a tool for authors. When it’s mutually beneficial to both parties, it works out. When it isn’t, it’s time to find something that works out better.

I wish you the best of luck in future submissions!

And many rejected tracks got accepted after resubmitting a week or two later…

Summer Pop is a very interesting idea, but after 0:40 the song becomes samely, monotonous, without significant changes. Listeners want changes(my opinion). Maybe add an arpeggio or something like that. Maybe change something in the arrangement.It would be nice to have female vocals(instead of leads) !!!
Summer Pop is a very interesting idea, but after 0:40 the song becomes samely, monotonous, without significant changes. Listeners want changes(my opinion). Maybe add an arpeggio or something like that. Maybe change something in the arrangement.It would be nice to have female vocals(instead of leads) !!!

Writing everything in a long line with horizontal scroll bar is also an interesting idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMHO: on the 1st tune is the sax, on the 2nd one is the lead guitar and on the 3rd one is… did you upload it to the corporate category?

Thanks :slight_smile: No I wanted it to be in atsmospheric.
What do you think is wrong with lead guitar? It’s punk so accordingly lead guitar is a little silly,just as it is often in punk music

@MetroMusic are you ChocoMoco? If so, why did you reply to yourself in the second post?

No choco is a friend of mine, but sometimes we use each others laptops so logins get mixed up,I see what you mean