This really isn't fair. We need to solve this!

Hi @BenLeong @jamesgiroux

I think Wavetoys nails the absurdity of the situation here, what do you think?

Let’s put an end to this “unlimited exploitation of affiliate authors” shall we?

If Envato staff is not getting paid full salary, are they just being told that the situation will be reviewed and analysed?

3 Likes

We can understand there might be some technical limitiations in connecting markets via the same links. Ok, no problem, we can promote them separately in that case! But there is absolutely no excuse for keeping banners and stealing sales from audiojungle authors and affiliate traffic. Really highly unethical. Some people pay for expensive google ads to drive traffic to audiojungle portfolio, which ends up in Elements. It takes a few clicks and a minute to disable banners and make it a fair game for authors and affiliates. This is really frustrating and I’ve never seen such behavior, and I’m an affiliate for 6 stock markets, including biggest competitors of Envato. I really cannot believe this.

At this point I just want banners simply completely removed, because I want a simple, fast and fair solution both for authors and affiliates. If affiliates get paid, authors will still suffer because of the ads on their items. I can promote Elements separately. It would be selfish of me to get paid nice referral cuts via elements banners, while non-elements and non-affiliate authors still suffer. We are all a community and we should stick together and do what’s best for everyone.

10 Likes

Also, since February we cannot see what item has been purchased via our links. I’ve contacted Impact support twice this month about this issue and didn’t get any answer. I only see sign up and credit added, but no purchase info in action listing. I’m extremely calm and patient person by default, but all of this disrespectful ignoring from both sides is really driving me crazy.

Especially since I bought 3000 $ worth of materials last month to make better promotions for Envato items and make a living as an affiliate.

@emile_b , PLEASE tell us what’s going on, I already sound like a broken vinyl record. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I posted before, but I’m a bit concerned that no action is being taken. I understand that integrating market clicks and Elements subscriptions might be complicated. No problem, just pull the banners down until you can. The burden of the complication should be on Envato, and not the affiliates.

8 Likes

Exactly, disabling banners temporarily until we find a solution would take them less than a minute. It’s not a matter of techincal complications, Envato simply does not want to do this, which is very disrespectful.

3 Likes

I´m going to paste my answer in This other thread because is related to this one.

Hi, I totally agree. Authors as me an others are working very hard in external promotion for years (Including payment ads, footage, stock images, etc.,) in order to get more sales or referral earnings. If someone arrive to audiojungle following one of my hundreds referral links that I have in internet and he decided to “click” on this “elemments” banner and try the subscription model I don´t receive a penny for this new subscriber. I lost a sale and also a referral earning because Envato don´t cover a referral earning by this way. What is the business for me to continue promoting audiojungle /envato? @collis @emilie_b

1 Like

+1

I wonder how much money I lost because of this.
Please stop this robbery!

2 Likes

Still no response… Take your time Envato, it’s not like you’re losing your money while we wait.

2 Likes

Hi @WaveToys,
Going to email you directly regarding reporting on Impact, feel free to cc me in on support tickets to Impact :slight_smile: if this helps.

Regarding your earlier points, these are taken very seriously and actioned. Currently extensive on-going research is being carried out in to this, which I hope to update you on in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued co-operation!
Regards,
Emile

2 Likes

What exactly do you mean by that?

1 Like

Traffic to Elements, 21% comes linked from another place (referral traffic)
https://forums.envato.com/uploads/short-url/2VwLCWKKj1dTZ75PJnjOj55EKJt.jpeg

This is VERY interesting. I’m not sure about this but these “referrals” can mean a lot of things. Since AudioJungle is technically not the same website as Elements, this could also be (probably is) mostly traffic generated by the banner clicks from Envato sites.
Out of all referral traffic to Elements, most comes from Envato sites - 35%!
Doesn’t seem as insignificant traffic :confused:

4 Likes

I can share lil bit more light on Elements/Videohive thing from my perspective. I joined Elements in October, now Elements are making around 40-50% of my VH income. I’ve uploaded around 80% of items (didn’t uploaded newest and some outdated) I can say that I don’t feel drop at sales at all, as I upload 1-2 items per month I have stable sales. If I my new project is more successful - I get more than average sales. And I don’t feel any drop at all, these 2 months are better than in 2018. And Projects from elements are selling pretty good on VH too, some low sellers got new life in Elements and made more income here than on VH.

Why do you think the top music seller pulled 200 tracks off elements? Clearly there was a revenue decline and elements did not quite work out. This clearly shows that more customers exploited the opportunity to obtain music that was grossly devalued. You can not deny that subscription models grossly devalue media assets. You also can not deny that marketing to a “new customer base” was a false statement. Dreamyard, you most likely license music as a video editor. Where will you source your music and why?

Look, I told about my experience as a VH Elite Author (This matters, because non-elites mostly gain in level or more than market income)

As for music, 20-30$ isn’t that much for a track, I just put that value in final invoice for my clients. I use AJ for commercial work like 1 time per 1-2 months. I’m not relevant Customer =)

I understand all this noise about elements affection. I agree about aggressive banner in Market. But to say exact reason of decline - I need to see real numbers.

1 Like

Also, I must admit that for different markets (AJ, VH, GR, etc) Elements may work in different ways. Like GR authors with lots of items benefit more than, lets say, me with much less items. Also some customers want support for items, this isn’t applicable for AJ. Also, with oversaturation of tracks customer begins to not see the difference between some tracks and really may choose the cheapest one and so jump to 5$ tracks or Elements.

1 Like

Yep, I know…Foolish musicians are at it again allowing themselves to be exploited because they have no sense of business skills whatsoever. You and I are sitting here telling these musicians how foolish they are to charge less and ruin their business and livlihood, but they do it anyway out of absolute ignorance, fear, and paranoia.

To all musicians reading and listening to me please know that subscription models exist only to exploit your foolish ignorance and make the king money. You will not earn a respectable wage ever in subscription models. You can only profit by selling sync licenses one at a time. This is a fact

Any of us can charge .10 cents a track, but can you make a business out of that?

Are you even engaging in stock music to make an income?

Or is this just fun and silly games? A hobby?

1 Like

I’m afraid, most of those authors are struggling for any penny. Like for somebody is ok to spend 100$ in a bar, for others this is 1-2 week budget of living. This is also might be the case.

1 Like

Yes but if you really need food on the table charging next to nothing will not put food on the table and news flash: the guys that have agreed to the sub model are not poor. From my perspective, they are all doing just fine and live in Major, westernized cities where rents are high. Elements music authors are not residing in Congo or The mountains of Nepal with an 8 year old i mac making beats in a cave! Trying to scrape a few cents.

These are westernized, modernized folks agreeing to participate in music devaluation. So sad!

1 Like

Hi @emile_b ! Can i ask you? What do you research???

+1