this item was rejected after being told it has a good potentional , can anyone help ?

Hello everone , I’ve an item that was uploaded as psd template and the market reply was

Your template has a good start, unfortunately, due to our high requirements your template is not ready for the PSD template category. This would be better suited as a Site Templates, it has potential to be accepted but it may require more improvements before it’s approved under another category.

you can check item screens from here

, then I uploaded it as a html template and it was refused and here’s the reply

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NOT MET: Your item does not meet the minimum technical design requirements for this category.

you can see the HTML Version through this link

anyone has suggestion to what I can do or can help me to improve it and have it approved ?

At least I see some problem with menu in html version

I tested in all browsers , it didn’t show me this thing may be it’s a bug cause the demo version is uploaded on free hosting website

There is a big difference between having a potential and being ready. Your template is definitely not ready

Try to scroll down and then try to access a submenu in top menu. Box is too low (at least in Chrome an Safari on OSX)

Your icons don’t work, there are squares instead

Validate your code https://validator.w3.org/

You should definitely invest in normal hosting. Imagine you get approved, you will get thousand of visitors for first few days, free hosting just won’t keep up with such traffic.

1 Like

Yes, I understand that you were probably testing as much as was possible, but here on iMac27 with latest software it looks as it looks.

Lets have a look on another screenshot, images are missing, icons are missing. And still we didnt start to talk about design.

Dont take me bad, Im not here to beat you, just showing you what I see, and although the theme is not bad, it won’t make me: Yes, I want this.

Also the loading time is quite long (about 10 second in mid Europe)

I am not a web designer, but use to work around webs a bit, if I have to say, what is disturbing me about this design (and not analysing all the design elements):

1/ Double line dividers are not corresponding with rest of design, I dont need them at all, and it look s like unfinished wings or something.

2/ I would put more effort to images selection (although I understand that you probably were trying to stay with motive, Im not sure if the homeless man is the best choice, and overall, it is not about homeless man, but I’m missing more visual uniformity in images selection - at least use all BW in one section)

3/ (our causes section) counters are too bold or heavy relative to the rest of design

4/ section headlines could be bigger (font size)

So this is my point of view, just on the frontpage, I’m not gonna analyse all web. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

thankyou for your kind comments , I think the icons and error of images were caused by the free hosting server , but thanks anyway for your comments , I’ll work on it