This item was encoded in a format that's not supported. ????

Help I cant download my video file because it says This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported…anyone know how to fix it or get a refund?

Can you provide some info about what file you are referring to? Also, can you please try to download and install Quicktime Player as the installation of this software will also install some codecs into your computer that should make playback of this video possible.

Everyone knows that Quicktime has serious security flaws. What secure options do you offer, because I’m getting the same error message. Thank you.

1 Like

Are you getting this error when you try and open the file or when you try and download it? And what are you trying to play it in? But yeah… most of the videos on VH come in a QuickTime container, so you would need the relevant QuickTime codecs installed to work with them… but that doesn’t mean you need to use the Quicktime player.

Thank you for the response. I’m getting this error message when I attempt to open the file. I’ve used multiple players including VLC and even Adobe Suite. I have updated my display drivers via Windows and am running an updated OS. I consider myself highly competent (not a total pro), but I’ve tried my best and I’m wondering if I should just get a converter that will work on windows? How do I find a secure program which can open Quicktime codecs?
Thank you.

This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported.

I am getting the same issue with all videos. I have tried to open using multiple programs and same.