This item has a nice concept, but doesn't feature the required functionality

I submitted a WordPress plugin and it got rejected. They said the following reason:

This item has a nice concept, but doesn’t feature the required functionality and features to be approved as a premium item.

Now I don’t understand what does it mean. Does it mean that if I improve the quality of my plugin, it will be approved after that? Or does it mean that I can never submit the same plugin ever again?

It means the idea is ok but the execution is not enough - you should share a link to the demo here for more feedback but most likely the design needs improvement, extra features may need adding etc.

Thanks for your reply. Here’s the demo url:

http://wpnik.com/wpnik-chat-demo/home/

Th idea is to have site members chat with each other. So you will need to login first. Credentials are provided on the demo page.

• avoid using 2017 theme as the demo (looks unprofessional). While you are selling the chat feature the execution of the demo is key to doing this

• the chat box is very narrow and quite cramped

• consider additional features o the chat e.g. clear image sharing, emojis, switch to pop out the window etc.

As suggested it seems like the review is ok with the concept but wants to see the delivery and features evolved further

Thanks a lot. I will make it look better and add more feature. Let’s see how does it go after that.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: