Thinking to go non-exclusive

After 6 years, were the first 3 were really good for me, I managed to buy many expensive libraries etc to keep refining my music and it was great! Then started the changes in search algorithms, then came the Elements! I have gone to like 6% of earnings, with some months not even touching the $50 limit. Its really discouraging for me and I am really thinking to go non-exclusive. Anyone else feels the same? You think its worth it? ( I think it is )

Do you think the future will be better for us here?

3 Likes

hi buddy , yes but the covid 19 context does not really help in many ways … many businesses closed, including some potential customers for all of us, sales in USA are in a stale point and i guess that it depends on whether u can find really cool alternatives when it comes to sale volume as the shift means that u will pay far higher fees again , so i guess that u have to evaluate well according to your situation

2 Likes

I listened to some tracks from your repertoire.The quality is great, way above the media.You found your confort zone, and that is great,too .And i am wondering if ( maybe) , you should go one step more.Towards other genres.( Not corporate and other ukulele gizmos.)Based on what i was listening to in your repertoire it shouldn’t be much hassle.And i think there are some unexploited niches that might refresh your income.Back to the direct topic, other markets are much worse, in my opinion (and others as i was informed) , but i might be mistaken.Cheers.

3 Likes

+1 on what Soundtrix said. I think there are lots of opportunities to innovate here, heck, they approve my stuff, so you’ll have no problem.

There is nothing more depressing than selling a $39 track and only seeing $13 in the till to show for it. Being exclusive is a positive experience for this newb.

2 Likes