They deleted a negative review! This is a joke

So, I bought a theme that is of very low quality. The theme is heavily bloated and is giving poor results from Google’s Lighthouse. Yet, they promote it as “lightweight, extremely fast and SEO friendly”.

I sent a lot of evidence to the author and Envato. But, of course, they didn’t want to refund. Not even when I sent pictures and examples of their own site’s poor performance in different tests.

Thus, I wrote a review - explaining why the theme is bad and my results from tests. A long review. At the end I ironically wrote “Let’s see if this review gets deleted or dug down by positive reviews”.

Of course, a few hours later - the review is gone. Poof!

So not only does Envato honour their own rules in terms of refund - they also delete negative reviews of themes!? No wonder such bloated and worthless themes has hundreds of positive reviews and only 4-5 negative ones.

My idea of Envato and Themeforest completely changed after this. I’m amazed.

Have in mind that I did NOTHING to break their rules as seen here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/207651633-Rating-or-Review-Removal-Policy-

I have bought a lot of things through Envato marketplace in the last couple of years.

Now I feel disgusted of having contributed money to such a dishonest company. Imagine how many users are getting false/the wrong information, just because Envato delete negative and constructive reviews…

Hard to give any opinions without seeing the actual review.

Indeed.

I wish I had taken a printscreen of it. But I didn’t think such a big entity would be so dishonest.

But you live and learn, I guess.

When Googling about this, I can see that I’m not alone of having reviews deleted on Themeforest. It seem to be a systematic thing.

If you are 100% sure you haven’t broke any terms within that review (no rude language, no made out issues) then you can contact Envato Help about it. I am afraid there is nothing else which can be done about it. Or just try to write a new review and make sure you are factual, not calling names or anything like it.

BTW, you can find plenty of items with horrible ratings so saying that it is somehow systematic is arguably not true. That doesn’t mean that legit bad reviews never get deleted, there is always that human factor.

I have spent a lot of time collecting the “evidence” to show Envato that the author’s theme is not matching the sales page.

All that time and evidence was for nothing. I don’t even think the customer care agent looked through all the pictures and tests I sent him.

I then spent a good 15-20 minutes to compose that review, so that future customer would be warned of the poor quality of the theme. Also that time was wasted, as Envato deleted it.

Honestly, It’s hard to have faith in this company and wanting to write a new review or to find proper contact details regarding this. Most likely it will be shot down as well, and be yet a couple of hours wasted.

I think this comment says it all:

1 star reviews can be removed after the author’s request. I got 2 bad reviews from the same customer yesterday, too. Buyer bought HTML template and WP plugin and tried to install them as WP theme! And, buyer gave me 2 one stars without asked help! Is it legit? So, I asked the removal of them.”
Source: My Review Rating of WoWonder Script deleted by Envato Theme Forest staff?

I already knew it’s a lot of c*ap on Themeforest. But this experience, with the refund rejection and deletion of a review changed my view of Envato completely. It’s just unprofessional and dishonest.

Regarding the systematic deletion of negative reviews, I’m far from alone:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.themeforest.net

Buyer bought HTML template and WP plugin and tried to install them as WP theme

But this is a very legit reason to delete a review.

BTW if the Envato was a total scam like some of those review are claiming 1.) you either wouldn’t be even able to discuss this on their own forums or 2.) these forums would be full of thousands of angry customers every day.

1 Like

True, this thread has not been deleted yet - so that must be proof that we are all wrong and that Envato ain’t deleting negative reviews. :wink:

I am not in any way suggesting that some reviews are rmeove dincorretly (I, like everyone else do not know the facts behind most examples).

BUT, even just reading a handful of those reviews, it is remarkable how many people get upset by T&Cs that they agreed to and opted-in to? (again not aimed at any one case in particular, or trying to justify anything).

If they didn’t read the terms, or if they don’t agree to them, yet they accepted them, then they have zero right to complain.

1 Like

So since you guys are here defending Envato, can you please check my review - post it here - and show me why it has been deleted?

I have a feeling that won’t happen, though…

For clarity I am not defending anyone - I am simply stating the obvious. This is would be the same regardless of the marketplace.

Feel free to share your review here though

How can I share the review when you guys have deleted it?

I’m asking you two moderators who are writing here, to show everyone the review in this thread.

Ah ok - we don’t work for Envato so have no visibility of removed reviews or why they were removed. Only official envato staff would be able to comment on that

Haha, ok. I’m not surprised.

• Refund rejected, although it’s within the agreed policy
  • Negative review gets deleted
  • The official Envato forum’s moderators doesn’t work for Envato and thus cannot do anything but to defend the company. No accountability what so ever.
  • Hidden contact details to send in complaints regarding the deleted review

Great stuff.

I the interests of clarity -

Refund rejected, although it’s within the agreed policy
Can’t comment without information BUT if you were refunded then that may well result in the review being removed. (you would need to ask official support)

Negative review gets deleted
Only by envato who would need a reason. As per @LSVRthemes point - there are plenty of negative ones out there.

The official Envato forum’s moderators doesn’t work for Envato and thus cannot do anything but to defend the company. No accountability what so ever.
I am not defending anyone. As I said I don’t have sufficient info to judge either way. I am simply giving my personal view above about people agreeing to terms they disagree with.

Hidden contact details to send in complaints regarding the deleted review
Really not hidden it’s in envato help Envato Market Help and Support and mentioned thousands of times in these forums

2 Likes

Can’t comment without information BUT if you were refunded then that may well result in the review being removed. (you would need to ask official support)

Are you even reading the posts?

BTW if the author rejected your refund, you can dispute it. If the item is not as per the item description then you are in the right.

Hi @Olovs with respect may be there are any specific reason to remove the review. Please get in touch with Envato Support Team and Envato Customer support team will be happy to give official answer. In the forum we don’t have any options to assist in this case.

Again with respect about refund: if your purchased item author declined refund request and you think you should get the refund then you will be given an option to raise a dispute with Envato. This option should appear automatically as a link or button on the refund request details page. If you raise a dispute then envato team will investigate and will take steps as necessary.

Here is all the information about refunds:
Envato Market Refund Rules

Thanks for understanding.

Cheer!

True, this thread has not been deleted yet - so that must be proof that we are all wrong and that Envato ain’t deleting negative reviews

I never said that stuff like this doesn’t happen. I just said that is is not a common practice, definitely not anything systematic like you’ve claimed.

I am not saying you are not in the right. I am saying that there are always two sides of the story and so far we heard only yours. But even if you provider like bulletproof evidence your cause is legit, there is nothing we can do. You should get in touch with Envato Help and explain your situation.

@mgscoder

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have already had to deal with Envato customer care who evaulated my dispute. As I described in the open post, I have sent them several tests and pictures to show the poor performance. Several.

But the Customer care representative doesn’t know what I am talking about or he didn’t bother to read what I said or watch the pictures of the test results. Because his reply is that I should contact the author and ask them to help me optimize the theme. According to him I should open a ticket at the authors private forum and ask for help.

Note that I have explained to him that I work with this. I am a professional coder who have built websites for several years. I went through him exactly how I had tweaked both the server, website and how I had looked through the theme code. It’s bloated. There is nothing the theme creater can do to “help” me, other than re-doing their horrible code.

Yet, he rejected the refund and said that I should ask the author to help me…

Envator Customer care asked me for pictures of the test results - which I provided. I even used the authors own websites (3 of them) using the theme, to show him the poor results. But like most companies, Envato are cowards.

They put some poor kid in Customer service and tell him to follow a strict process and try to save money as much as possible. Most likely they haven’t provided him any training or technical know-how, which makes it impossible for him to even understand the test results that he requested and that I provided.

I’m not lashing out on you guys, I understand that Envato are just using you and the cust care agents.

Like I said before; rejecting the refund, deleting the refund and having “volunteers” as moderators on the official forum - that shows what type of company this is.