There was an error processing your item: "\xE2" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8

I’m not having any issue while uploading the items (for both new items and resubmissions)

When i want to submit my theme in themeforest, It’s show this error “There was an error processing your item: “\xE2” from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8

If anybody familiar with this problem please reply.

Thanks

Does this thread help? There was an error processing your item: "\xE2" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8

Could it be because of a file name?

No this thread is not enough solution. I think its not file name problem.

still facing this problem from last 6 days . :cry:
and still have no luck

It’s really hard to say anything due to I’m not getting any error message. I would ask some of you to send me the files to check, just because of curiosity and willing to help - if you’re interested in, let me know (PM) so I could send my email address

( if you have some trust issues, you could remove few files or if anyone got the theme soft rejected, would be fine. )

I still believe it’s about the file name issue.

I have already stated that it’s about the character but the point that I missed was the file that may contain them as well
Please, check the files and remove the special character like äçğüåяń

You can also use notepad++ find/replace feature if you’d like to replace but make sure the files are OK after:

You will be fine afterwards.I have tested one of the theme ( @NiloySarker’s theme ) that has the problem but after fixing, I was able to submit without any issue

Please, share your thoughts/results

Follow: https://themeforest.net/user/ki-themes/follow
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/krasotaiskusstva

1 Like

@ki-themes Many many Thanks,
it actually works. I confirm it.
So guys try this method that @ki-themes mention. I was used grepwin for searching the special characters.
Happy Uploading… :wink:

I have just edited the post above and added TF/FB links.
Appreciated if you could follow my account/like my FB page

@NiloySarker

You’re welcome. I have checked your theme as well and you will get a rejection message at least for 4-5 things need to be fixed by the way.

Just rename your file and try again

@ki-themes Thanks for your suggestion, But unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. I have replaced all special character using above method [^\x00-\x7F]+ found (1-2 issues only)

But it still gives same problem. I have raised a ticket to TF about same problem.

Please help. Thanks

Hello @ThemeChampion Try grepwin.
and i replace them by searching exactly the special character.
ex: á ,é ,ś,ö etc.
i was found this type of characters in my theme and they come for .js file. so you should check the js library you are using for your theme.
Thanks!

It’s not Envato or upload issue, it’s coding. I have already stated that the issue is related to special characters and probably you’re missing at least one of them

Hi everyone. Use grepwin instead of notepad ++.

Upload emty file:
this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvHwzzDFjYxQkxSVnV2eEYwMVE/view?usp=sharing

and error themeforest:

There was an error processing your item: “\xE2” from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8

Please help. Where is problem?

WordPress layout the horizontal

Try removing the dash (style.css)

Thank youuuuu! its work :smiley:

You’re welcome!