There is an author, selling my (stolen) items at AJ :-)

Sorry, I’ll edit my post

Oh, you already edited it. Thanks)

1 Like

Probably my last post in this thread. The things are not so black and white as they seem at first. Now I feel bad for this guy. I was very angry at first, which is completely normal in this situation. I thought he is just a thief, but all the motion graphic templates and 3d models in his portfolio are really his work. I understood this after visiting his facebook page. And he looks like a nice person overall. Maybe it was just a small mistake, and it’s not worth deleting his entire account. So i decided to take back my DMCA, and he promised to delete all my SFX from his portfolio

3 Likes

Maybe you are right, but for me, it is very hard to understand that somebody is selling other stuff here and think that audio is “for free”.
At the beginning i thought he sell only audio.
Every product in Envato must be self created but audio no?! It is a little bit difficult for me to understand that way of thinking.
What would he do if somebody does the same to him?..

5 Likes

man, there is no forgiveness for this kind of trash, remember that you took a lot of time and hard work to make your items, use your kindness with poor people and innocence animals, not with that retarded sun of the beach :wink:

3 Likes

Please explain how this could possibly be a “mistake”.
There’s no way it was accidental.

1 Like

It was a mistake in a sense of conscious bad decision, not in a sense of accident )

1 Like

You have a good heart man!.
It is a shame that there isn’t an automatic system to prevent tracks to be uploaded again. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I agree, that would be the solution and it’s technical possible as we already know from AdRev, Shazam…

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @2MD, I hope you will get some compensation for that…

2 Likes

If we are talking about individual assets being used from projects and uploaded to audio jungle or wherever with the view to sell without permission from the original copyright holder then that is indeed a violation of the Copyright Law. I understand your initial anger but I do not understand and certainly do not go with that the author in question did not know about copyright.

Glad to see that you have been able to communicate with the guy and that it will be sorted out.
To be honest, all these “sfx” on audiojungle are a mistery to me… 99% of what I hear could be stolen from any existing bank of sounds, from free sound, from youtube videos… I mean, a “cheerful crowd applause”… I can find hundreds of them for “free” (I mean: without having to pay…) and I could upload them…

How can Envato know if the uploaded work is legit or not?

1 Like

About that, i always wanted to upload Wilhelm Scream. :wink::joy:

4 Likes

Maybe giving the guy a chance could be the right thing to do? I might be naive, but what could be the gains to live in a world where people gets demonized at first offense? Dictatorships apply these methods, but it doesn’t stop people from breaking laws…

Maybe the fact that this person engaged the conversation with you could be one of the keys to deal with this situation without wasting too much time and energy? Sometimes, the cost of energy versus the loss of money is also to take in consideration, I think. In any case, good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

99%? Come on… :slight_smile:

Are you aware that you write this on the thread of @2MD, an sfx author with many high quality unique sounds?

I suggest to have a listen to him. And then, maybe to @Marbury-Media, @JiltedGeneration, @applehillstudios or the giant portfolio of @FXProSound, plus many others… You might find some common sounding effects there, sure, but the bulk of their works consists of good, unique and useful sounds. They don’t go rip youtube, they create. There are (many) other sound designers offering this level of quality (and legality) at AudioJungle. Certainly not just 1%…

Are the similarities between many sounds behind your way of thinking? Maybe you have preconceived thoughts about sound makers, to begin with? Or don’t know the world of video edition too well? We, sound designers, make tons of similar sounds, with small differences between them, for one main reason: clients needs them! Because, apart from the fun Wilhelm Scream (I’m a fan), most video editors try to avoid using identical repeated sounds in movie scenes, ads and many other kinds of videos. They crave variety, actually! Even if the differences are to be found on a micro-level. Hope that clears the mystery a bit. :slight_smile:

Ps: sorry @2MD, for the off-topicness, but I read too many posts (here and elsewhere on the net) minimizing our craft, lately. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We live in an age where the tools necessary to create your own assets legitimately have never been more accessible. I can’t see any justification for taking someone else’s work and selling it as your own under any circumstances, but especially now when there isn’t a barrier to obtaining the tools needed to create your own sounds.

Also, I think those who do this kind of work legitimately want the satisfaction of selling something that they created, right? Isn’t that the joy of this work? You come up with your own unique take on the sound of an electric razor, glass breaking, a spaceship hovering or whatever, and put it out there - and if it sells, buyers are responding to YOUR unique work.

2 Likes

Thank you for this nice post :slight_smile: And thanks for comparing me to such a legendary authors, they were my inspiration back then. Not sure if I deserve it.
It’s true. I upload just a few items a year, because i can only design a sound if the process is interesting for me. That is the reason of so many sci-fi sounds in my portfolio. Sometimes i’m spending 1-2 days, designing a complicated robot sound, which would be sold for 1$, and ending up not uploading it, because i just don’t like the result :smile:
There are 2 “applause” sounds pending now, but I recorded them in a nice small theatre, when i was shooting a local commercial.
So yes, designing sound is not something “easier then composing music”, it’s just a different craft. It requires the same amount of work, time invested to learn a skill, and even an inspiration.

1 Like

Oh no, sorry for the confusion :sweat_smile:, I did not mean to minimize the work of the serious people here who do nice sound design, field recording, and create original and authentic sfx…

No no, I meant that it must be extremely difficult to prove that, yes, for sure, the work is original or not.
This is what I meant by the fact that 99% of what I hear “could be stolen”, and that it is nearly impossible for Envato to know if the sound they hear is really composed by the author or not…

Again, sorry if I was not clear, I never ever meant that you guys don’t do a good job, and I never meant that creating sfx does not require skills or talent ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I understood your post in a way you just explained :slight_smile: So my response to Nonzerobot is just a reaction to his nice post, not as an argument for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@frozenjazz: Nice to read. :slight_smile:

I must admit I’m a bit stressed these days! Too many strange situations to handle at once.

I’ll go take a walk in the woods this afternoon. Won’t hurt, haha. (I might even return with one of those damn forest sounds or something…). :wink: :smile:

2 Likes