Themeforest submissions: same rules applied for all authors?

Hi there,

about a month ago I’ve submitted a new WordPress theme to Envato and got 3 soft rejects. The latest one is regarding the title. Here is the reviewer note:

1. Themes should not include and/or staff SEO keywords within the title. Here’s the link that will assist you to create better titles: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/203039204-Tips-for-Excellent-Titles-Descriptions-and-Tags

And here is the theme title: “Theme_Title - Blog and Portfolio WordPress Theme for Agencies, Freelancers and Individuals"
As I understand, the reviewer asked to remove " for Agencies, Freelancers and Individuals”. Did that and submitted again, now waiting for next reviewer to take a look.

This morning I was checking latest uploaded themes on Envato and saw a theme that was just approved and having following title: “Theme_Title - A Multi-concept Theme for Agencies and Freelancers”.

Now question: do all reviewers on themeforest apply same rules for all authors when approving themes? Do they follow some guides when checking the themes?

Thanks,
John

The answer should be yes, but unfortunately it’s not really.
I’ve submitted a theme with same codebase as themes I developed for the company I’ve been working on, my theme got rejected because of some code issues (“Sanitize everything” rule - nonsense, but item rejected), but company’s theme got accepted, maybe because it had better design and reviewers just didn’t bother too much regarding some small code issues, but who knows.

1 Like