Themeforest Premium theme installation

Hello all, I need a desperate help here.

I purchased “Folio Two Wordpress Edition” from theme forest. All the files got downloaded. good! I have a domain registered on go daddy. I have a Wordpress blog as well. Now What I what I want to do is. UPLOAD THE PURCHASED THEME TO GO DADDY, which is proving heck annoying. I am trying to use FTP client for MAC “fileZilla” users but its just not working this is what i get:

Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server. It has some stupid layout already which i can not overwrite.

I am enetering correct username and password and port “21”, even tried with Site manager thing from File tab. Its just not working.

NOW, when this did not work. I tried installing the theme to my Wordpress blog. this become more annoying when i don’t see INSTALL THEME tab under Appearance>Theme> “where is the install theme tab…ooops…I messed it for you”

Its like I have all the required ingredients, but how to make it work…when I don’t have correct directions. I was busy for literally 24 hours without food so you can imagine my level of annoyance… HELP, serious help! needed.

Have you followed the GoDaddy filezilla guide exactly? An alternative to ftp would be to upload the theme directly via WordPress itself. To do that:

• Go to your dashboard(being wp admin)
  • Hover over the apperarance menu, and click Theme.
  • Click the Install Themes tab, and then click upload from the menu.
  • Now browse for the archive provided to you by ThemeForest, and then select it. Click install.
  • Once uploaded, click the manage themes tab at the top.
  • Find your recently installed theme, and click activate.

AGSoft said

Have you followed the GoDaddy filezilla guide exactly? An alternative to ftp would be to upload the theme directly via WordPress itself. To do that:

• Go to your dashboard(being wp admin)
  • Hover over the apperarance menu, and click Theme.
  • Click the Install Themes tab, and then click upload from the menu.
  • Now browse for the archive provided to you by ThemeForest, and then select it. Click install.
  • Once uploaded, click the manage themes tab at the top.
  • Find your recently installed theme, and click activate.

Thats what I said. I don’t get the option of INSTALL THEME on my Wordpress blog account. As the you tube videos say the same thing…of installing it. If there is any other WORDPRESS I don’t know about please let me know. As I don’t want my $45 to go such a waste.

Charcoallines said

Thats what I said. I don’t get the option of INSTALL THEME on my Wordpress blog account. As the you tube videos say the same thing…of installing it. If there is any other WORDPRESS I don’t know about please let me know. As I don’t want my $45 to go such a waste.

Sorry, somehow I missed that part. Did you have a look at the Go Daddy guide?

Hi. If you are having real issues it is always worth contacting the author of the theme first.

Out of interest - when you say you have a domain from godaddy and also a Wordpress blog as well. I am assuming by that you mean 2 separate set ups? If the “Wordpress blog” is on Wordpress.com then you will not be able to upload the theme to there. It is different from downloading the Wordpress platform from the .org site and adding this all to your own domain etc.

In terms of getting the theme working on your godaddy account. Assuming you have both the domain and the hosting package correctly then:

Don’t use Godaddy’s own WP installer - do it manually and add the WP platform via FTP to your account.
That warning eror you get generally is just a case of closing down Filezilla and reopening it.
Once this is done and it is set up correctly (you will need all the datatbase info etc from your godaddy admin) then you should be able to add the theme via ftp or the admin no worries.

If you get v stuck and the author cannot help then email me at charlie4282@hotmail.com and I will help you.