Theme won't download! And now I hit the "daily limit" of Downloading it.

So I purchased the Kenozoik theme and when I clicked the download button to install all files it began downloading. It got to 58.7mb/58.7mb but will not finish. I canceled and tried again… It wouldn’t even download. I close out of my browser and try again… same thing happened before it started downloading but would never finish Downloading. After multiple tries of it not downloading I get this:

"Download not available

Whoops! Looks like you’ve already downloaded this item 20 times in the last 24 hours. That’s the daily limit! Come back in 24 hours to download it again.Learn about download limits."

So now i can’t even attempt to download it. This has been extremely frustrating since I paid for this theme. It seems that this “issue” was purposely integrated into the site since there is an “express theme installation” option that is an extra $50 for someone to set it up for me. Now instead of being able to customize my site, like I was planning to do today, I’m forced to wait atleast 24 hours to even attempt to download this theme. And it’s completely possible that this issue still exist when I’m able to download it again.

All in all; I’m already regretting this purchase and am extremely dissatisfied with this sites support.

If the download is getting to 58.7M/58.7M, then Envato’s servers are doing their part correctly – at that point, if the download fails, it is due to an issue on your end.

If you can further clarify what exactly is happening, I may be able to figure out what is going wrong.

• Is the download showing a message like “error” or “failed”?
  • Is it freezing at 58.7/58.7? If so, are you manually cancelling and trying again, and how long did you let it sit before cancelling?
  • What browser are you using? Chrome / Edge / Safari / etc?
  • What operating system are you running? Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Mac OS / etc?

When I see 58.7M/58.7M it just stays there no error or failed. I left it there for a while and it never finishes. I cancel it and try again and nothing is downloading. I try again and again; nothing, and then all the sudden 10 files try to download but say “failed”. I’m assuming this is how i reached the 20 limit.

I’m using Chrome on Windows 10. Chrome is updated. I can post a screenshots of my downloads if you’d like.

Windows Defender scans files for viruses while they are downloading, and won’t allow Chrome (or any other browser) to finish saving the file to the disk until it completes the scan. As a result, Chrome will sometimes appear frozen at 100% for large files exactly as you described.

With a .zip file, it opens the file and scans everything inside. Large files can take a long time depending on the speed of your computer and disk. As a developer, I have encountered this dozens of times.

Next time you download, you can try to temporarily disable Windows Defender first and see if it helps. Once it completes, enable Windows Defender again before opening the file.

1 Like

I waited a good amount of time to let it do its thing. Nothing happened. Is there anyway you can reset the download limit?

Please open a Help ticket. They are the only ones capable of resetting the limit.

1 Like