Theme was hard rejected for bland design

Hello,

I just received my WordPress theme review from Envato.

"I am afraid this item is pretty poor and quite far from prime ready. It would undoubtedly take a considerable amount of work to get it to a point where we would consider going further with a full review. So I am afraid I will have to hard reject it on this instance.

Examples of areas which look terribly bland and/or unfinished but there are many more:

We are only considering items that really stand-out and have been carefully crafted."

I do not understand this answer because there are a lot of minimalist themes on Themeforest.

The issue really comes from my theme or I just need to present it as a minimalist theme (I uploaded it in the CREATIVE category) ?

Could someone tell me how I could have my theme accepted ?

Here is the demo link : https://hudestu.demo.hurterdesignstudio.com/

In this instance I am afraid I think this is your theme. There are a ton of areas where attention to detail is needed especially with consistency, fundamentals like typography and mobile optimisation.

As examples (not a finite list)

• generally it all feels a bit rushed and unfinished.

• there needs to be more pages/variations/options etc. to make it compete (look at just about ant multi purpose theme and you will see that there are multiple versions of about pages/portfolio layouts/blog categories etc.

• there are a ton of different typography font choice, sizes, etc.

• there is a lot of inconsistency around things like section titles

• there is a lot of work to be done on mobile optimisation. Again all sorts of different typography and spacing and some elements esp. team are not at all optimised in terms of readability etc.

• something very odd happening when you scroll down this page Portfolio Archive - HuDeStu

• you cannot use trademark logos in demos

• footer doesn’t seem to align to anything else on the page

• why have a cart with no populated shop products?

• use profile and login for the shop needs rethinking

• FAQ page is not adding much value

Hello, thanks for your answer, I will improve my theme and send it again for review.

Bear in mind that you are not supposed to resubmit hard rejected items so you will need to make significant changes and updates before being able to send it again.

Only making superficial modification could lead to your upload rights being revoked.