Theme options framework, best alternative to Redux?

First I know that Redux authors are at the forum regularly, so just want to tell them that I like their framework very much (I tested it a lot), but…
I’m doing my first theme, I’m not even sure it will ever be approved and I’m already set to buy Slider Revolution, Visual Composer, ACF Pro and few other plugins (altogether about $400 worth extended licences), so adding a hundred dollars or two to that for color picker and few other Redux addons, that I need to make options panel functional in the way I want, is not good for me, it’s pretty expensive :smiley:

Again, hail to the Redux for creating the great framework :slight_smile:

But I need color picker to provide options for unlimited colors, so…

What would be some other options? What do you guys use? Something that has it all, but free or not very expensive? I know I want too much :smiley:

Thanks,

Jovana

ACF can be used also for Theme Options. Or you can try Option Tree.

When you upload a wordpress theme you have a full list of different frameworks to select) google all and get the one you like)

Thanks guys, I will definitely check those :slight_smile:

Wordpress Theme Customization API comes with a nice colour picker and loads more! :slight_smile:

Jaynesh said

Wordpress Theme Customization API comes with a nice colour picker and loads more! :slight_smile:

What I don’t really like about it that it bundles all those options in a sidebar, and if you have a lot of options it’s going to become a mess pretty quick :slight_smile:

Redux is great, but I agree it’s expensive if you want to add some options like color picker or metaboxes. 300-400 dollars every year for a single theme is a lot if your theme is not going to sell well. Or even worse, what if it gets rejected.

So I’m looking for options too, I think I might try Option Tree, I don’t know anymore :slight_smile:

nvdizajn said
Jaynesh said

What I don’t really like about it that it bundles all those options in a sidebar, and if you have a lot of options it’s going to become a mess pretty quick :slight_smile:

Redux is great, but I agree it’s expensive if you want to add some options like color picker or metaboxes. 300-400 dollars every year for a single theme is a lot if your theme is not going to sell well. Or even worse, what if it gets rejected.

So I’m looking for options too, I think I might try Option Tree, I don’t know anymore :slight_smile:

With the latest version, you can now organise all your sections into different panels making things a lot more organised.

Hey!

Beside Wordpress Theme Customization API, I would recommend you to check OptionTree too.

Cheers,

Iman

How about NHP Options?

:slight_smile:

You might want to have a look at RunWay from Parallelus and Unyson from ThemeFuse.

Both free, both gorgeous. Both Parallelus and ThemeFuse respectable authors on Envato.

Build your own, it’s cheap, you turn into an expert and your code is way more maintainable :stuck_out_tongue:

plusquare said

Build your own, it’s cheap, you turn into an expert and your code is way more maintainable :stuck_out_tongue:

You have some point but developing such panel requires at least intermediate knowledge of php and js.

partnuz said
plusquare said

You have some point but developing such panel requires at least intermediate knowledge of php and js.

and a lot of time to spend with…

I would recommend OptionTree. :wink:

Lead dev of Redux here. I totally appreciate your opinion. I simply want to clarify for other developers, and maybe for you too.

Color picker is free… Why wouldn’t it be? Color SCHEMES is an extension on of our core devs made that let’s you set arrays of color pickers and save them as schemes is an extension. Quite a different thing.

Customizer is free, and includes WP 4.0 panels for all fields that WordPress natively supports. In the future (shortly) there will be an extension to bring all the Redux fields into the customizer.

Metaboxes does cost yearly, but you can cancel at any time and keep the version you have. We in NO WAY expect you to pay when you’re not making money off of it.

So the choice is yours, I truly wish you the best. Redux just tries to unite it all into one format. ACF would work great for metaboxes if you want to use it.

Best of luck!

TeamRedux said

Lead dev of Redux here. I totally appreciate your opinion. I simply want to clarify for other developers, and maybe for you too.

Color picker is free… Why wouldn’t it be? Color SCHEMES is an extension on of our core devs made that let’s you set arrays of color pickers and save them as schemes is an extension. Quite a different thing.

Customizer is free, and includes WP 4.0 panels for all fields that WordPress natively supports. In the future (shortly) there will be an extension to bring all the Redux fields into the customizer.

Metaboxes does cost yearly, but you can cancel at any time and keep the version you have. We in NO WAY expect you to pay when you’re not making money off of it.

So the choice is yours, I truly wish you the best. Redux just tries to unite it all into one format. ACF would work great for metaboxes if you want to use it.

Best of luck!

Woah, I was totally unaware that color picker is free, and you only pay for color schemes creation! That’s great ‘news’, I thought that you have to pay for commercial licence, sorry it was probably just me not paying attention at class :slight_smile:

This changes things a lot, I already use ACF for metaboxes and I’m happy with that, so since I can use color-picker with Redux for free, I’m just maybe going to have to buy one Redux addon, and see how things go in the first year. So, I’m going with Redux.

Glad you’re here to make some clarifications when we don’t know what we’re talking about. Again, thanks for all your work, and sorry if this sounded like I’m trying to put Redux down, it really wasn’t like that. I really think that Redux is #1 in the field, and I was just trying to put my expenses down since it went crazy a little :slight_smile: You’re doing some great work, and giving it almost all for free is a big deal!

I’ll be using Redux for my project, case closed :slight_smile: Thanks everyone!

Jovana

There is another one called Vafpress, I use it and recommend it.

Haha, no worries. I take no offence. You have to do what works for you and Redux tends to be a swiss army knife. Sometimes people just want a specific tool.

Glad the clarifications work out. Best of luck.

Feel free to Skype me if you have any other questions. DovyDigital.

TeamRedux said

Haha, no worries. I take no offence. You have to do what works for you and Redux tends to be a swiss army knife. Sometimes people just want a specific tool.

Glad the clarifications work out. Best of luck.

Well, I missed the second page of these replies. Bah!