Theme Check errors when using Codebird & MailChimp API classes

Hey everybody,

I’m trying to get rid of as many of the warnings etc from Theme Check before submitting a theme, and I can’t seem to get past a few issues with the Codebird’s PHP library for Twitter and the MailChimp API class.

Namely, the issue is that Codebird uses cUrl instead of WP_Filesystem, luckily there is a port of Codebird to use WP_Filesystem, but it hasn’t been updated in 2 years, and it’s not compatible with the newest version of Codebird. (2.7.2 is the most recent version)

My question is, has anyone else used Codebird in themes that have gotten accepted despite it throwing quite a few warnings about things like:

WARNING: file_get_contents was found in the file widgets/lib/codebird.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
WARNING: curl_init was found in the file widgets/lib/codebird.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
WARNING: curl_exec was found in the file widgets/lib/codebird.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.

Same thing goes for the MailChimp API class I’ve been using–it doesn’t utilize WP_Filesystem either so it throws a bunch of warnings such as:

WARNING: fsockopen was found in the file widgets/lib/mcapi.class.php File operations should use the WP_Filesystem methods instead of direct PHP filesystem calls.
Line 2424: $sock = fsockopen(‘ssl://’.$host, 443, $errno, $errstr, 30);
Line 2426: $sock = fsockopen($host, 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);

Does anyone use alternative methods for using APIs with themes? Or are these things generally overlooked when submitting to ThemeForest?

The submission requirements only mention these as being okay:

Warning: Found base64_encode()
Warning: Found base64_decode()
Warning: Found fwrite()
Warning: Found fopen()
Warning: Found fclose()

But that’s it…