The WordPress are getting soft-rejected again and again

item-feedback

I have many WordPress Themes, PSD and HTML.

I am working on this market for the last 4 years now.

I have got 4 WordPress theme in soft rejection.

The PSD and HTML Template for all those themes are already approved but the first soft reaction message is as follows: -

Can Someone help?

"1. Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under ThemeForest’s WordPress category. Your design has an interesting starting concept, but it needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality. While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet. 2. We’re now requiring unique, non-generic names with at least 3 characters for all new submissions. In addition to this author’s shouldn’t use names that are already on the Marketplace. Search and make sure that chosen name does not exist: https://themeforest.net/ Combination of keywords, Target-audience, categories, abbreviation and subjective word(s) are not allowed as item name. Author can always use the title description to further describe the item and list the keywords as tags. However. unique, single or combination of common words are fine ( no keywords ). Commonly used non-English words are fine too.

"

Hello There!

About 1. We have exactly the same problem, PSD and HTML Templates are approved, but when it’s coming to Wordpress category it’s always the same feedback. Even when I contacted the envato support team - they actually answered to my ticket with the same copied/pasted message about the “higher standards in terms of aesthetics”. I understand that there are more and more authors on the market and standards are changing - but the “review” process is now changed to “reject with no clear reason” process. Maybe someone from Envato Team can actually tell what’s happening with the WordPress rejects? And if you higher the standards for WordPress why you are not doing the same for PSD or HTML? At the moment the fact that PSD or HTML Template is approved has no value at all in terms of WordPress development.

Unique theme name - at the moment your item can’t be named with a “regular” word or with the name that is already used by other author. For example, if you have a portfolio theme dedicated for photographers you can’t name it “Photography - WordPress Theme”, because “photography” is a common word. In this case you can use something like “Photographelius” :smiley: (I know it’s not the best name, it’s just about the general idea :)) or non-English word, e.g. “Fotografie” (“photography” in German). The naming policy was changed few months ago, as far as I know it’s only in WordPress category for now, but they plan to expand for other categories too.
:slight_smile: