The track was hard rejected. What reason?

Hi there,
My track below was rejected.

What, in your opinion, did not fit the reviewer:
mixing, mastering, arranging or what?
Thanks in advance for the constructive answers.

Cool track. I feel it’s a bit too long, the guitar sound stands out too much against the other instruments.

2 Likes

I think it’s about mixing. Guitar riff should be double tracked in right and left channels. Overall the track sounds like demo. Not enough high frequencies.

1 Like

It’s not bad, but I agree to the others.
The lead guitar stands out too much. I miss also the high frequencies, I mis abit of the low end and the song is too long.
You have an intro until 00:13. At this point I would expect a more bombastic hit to start the main part.
I miss the tom breaks/runs on your drums, that would be a bit more versatile.
In the part from 01.06 to 01:19 the claps and the “hey!” are too quiet and need more presence.
A good end position for the song could be at 01:19. In general a song like this should be provided in different edits.

2 Likes

@MrAlexPrim . Agree with other authors.
Just a quick tip. The overall vibe of the track reminds me ( politely said) of Dire Straits- Money for Nothing. Even the Knopfler’s guitar sound is pretty similar. I don’t know if this fact was taken into consideration by the reviewers when rejected your track, but its a thing you may need to consider for your future projects. Cheers.

2 Likes

Agree to the Money for nothing aspect. It’s definitely not the same, but the sound and the way to play the guitar has reminded me to the Dire Straits song at some points. Could be pastiche.

2 Likes

I think the guitars are too loud. And everything sounds in a heap. I would work on panning.

Thank you very much for such a detailed analysis.
I will definitely take note of everything.
About track length:
of course this is one of 4 options, it is the longest.
And I didn’t understand this: “… I mis abit of the low …”
Is it about low frequencies or general sound quality?
Sorry for my bad english …
Thanks again!

Thanks for your answer and hints.
I agree with everything except one:
sorry, but all the riffs were recorded twice - double track. But the title theme is certainly not a double track. What happens if you put a solo double track into a double track riff ???
In my opinion it will be really bad.

@Daydreamz-Studios, @Soundtrickz
Yes, I do not hide the fact that the track is stylized as Dire Straits. Mark Knopfler, at one time, was my favorite guitarist. And I played the main theme in the track in a way similar to Knofler. Namely with fingers.
I did this deliberately, knowing that there is almost no music in this style on Audiojungle. And there may be many buyers who like Knopfler…
Please note - this is not plagiarism, but stylization under …
It’s not forbidden on Jungle, is it?
By the way, I’ve met tracks just ONE in ONE “licked” from modern hit songs - the melody, tempo and tonality of the main theme are just the same! And these tracks are for sale! It’s too bad, though.
There is plenty of work for “Ninja” on Audiojungle.
In general, lastly, I want to ask:
maybe it makes no sense for me to correct the track and send it back for review? Maybe the reviewers thought that he was really strongly stylized like Knopfler and would never accept this?

Thank you. Accepted! Cheers!

1 Like

@MrAlexPrim . I wasn’t accusing you of plagiarism. RF markets are not quite the places where you may accuse anyone of lack of originality :wink:. Just a heads up. Plagiarism proofing is a really hard process. Unless is a carbon copy or the intention is determined to be fully deliberate , everything is debatable . Thats why plagiarism lawsuits are avoided as much as possible. I believe your track was rejected due to some arrangement flaws. There are some production issues aswell. A bit midrange, kinda narrowed, and the drum section/bass lack a bit of weight. It might fit well in the 80/90s, but once we evolved we need to adapt to new requirements. Keep what is good.( vibe, music) and update the rest. Need low end, stereo image placement and depth. And reduce the information . For RF market you need to be realy concise. Make a clear introduction, short and create expectation, get fast to the point , keep listener attention by adding new elements or substract then make a clear ending. At this moment , i feel that the whole track is too condensed around the guitars, nothing can breathe. You are waiting for the song to end so you may finally exhale.Let it breathe a bit.

2 Likes

I understood everything and will strive for it. Thanks again for the detailed explanations and for your time spent on me.
Many warm regards

1 Like

I think it’s about mixing. Guitar riff should be double tracked in right and left channels. Overall the track sounds like demo. Not enough high frequencies.

@Soundtrickz Sorry please, but one more question:
does it make sense to write tracks with this style of guitar playing (like Knopfler)? Or is it better to make arrangements in a modern style?
Thank you.

@MrAlexPrim .

If you are asking me if this would sell, i wouldn’t know. Everything is possible. 90% of my RF markets income is niche repertoire based. Check out the link below.

Thanks, I read it. Everything that is written there can be interpreted in different directions, since the line between what is permitted and what is forbidden is in the mood of the reviewer … :slight_smile:

The terms are clear. You may do a song ’ In the style of '. That means that you may copy the guitar sound, the manner, but not one song in particular, or a phrase, or a lick. Regarding the subjectivity of the reviewer, i beg to differ. These guys are experienced and professionals, and are rarely mistaken. Nothing subjective here.

2 Likes

Maybe. But how then can you explain why experienced reviewers approved obvious plagiarism?
Here is the source:

Here’s a copy-paste (character and tonality changed):

@MrAlexPrim . If you asked yourself where did this chord progression came from, listen to this track. You will hear this progression a lot on the RF market tracks.

My advice is to quit stumbling upon these rationalizations. You are trying to find a flaw within the system. Trust me, this is not the right way. Make good songs, upload them, rinse, repeat.

1 Like