The Sales Monitor

marketing for AE templates [removed by mod]
this is Forum for what ? everything ?
this is forum Videohiive . - The Sales Monitor

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s too annoying when someone here talks from position of different market. Avada is so relevant for us.
Marketing is great tool, but not for all items on Videohive. You need to be extremely careful about paid ads.

Come on mate, we are trying to raise our sales instead of saying bad sales, bad month and no sales today :smile: I donā€™t think this is annoying we are still on the edge side of the sales topic.

I agree with youā€¦

@3dbacks, @DOGmotion

My idea was to help you with a piece of advice that works for a lot of folks. If you consider marketing is not a good strategy for, thatā€™s fine, but, youā€™re sorely mistaken. I can tell you that marketing is the key to success in selling ANYTHING in this world not just site templates. I mean, Apple is worth 1 Trillion dollars and they spent 1 BILLION last year on marketing. Do you honestly think they need that anymore? Coca Cola is better known that electricity ( pun intended ) and they are worth 34 Billion US and they spent 3 billion last year in marketing. Do you think they need it anymore? If the answer is no, then youā€™re very wrong.

Marketing keeps your product up in front! You reach more people by exposing it more! How do you think people get to Envato in the first place? Some friend of some friend of some friend? Maybe, that can be the case, but most people Google stuff, target ads, Facebook ads, Twitter ads, Pinterest ads, etc etc etcā€¦ ā€œintro video for websiteā€ returns VideoHive as the first result, etc, etc, etc. Target keywords are the best solution for reaching a larger audience of people. I can give you a hundred examples of common sentences typed in Google that reveal a product from the marketplace. Most people cash in on that by putting money into those keywords, getting featured on blogs, getting ads on social media. The more it gets visible, the more people land on your page, the higher the chances to make a sale or a referral. Win-Win Situation! :slight_smile:

This is the forum VideoHive - The Sales Monitor. Of course, I forgot, Marketing is a tool that doesnā€™t work for anyone that sells Video. Seriously?! Marketing is great for everything! Anything and everything that makes your product stand out from the rest of the products in a search or an advertisement is great for you! If you intend on selling that is.

Take for example this site, advertising Videohive items. This is called a featured listing, considering this site is only growing in rank and it has a large targeted audience that found that site interesting, when they post your item, chances are people will click these posts and get to your product. When someone purchases one of your items thatā€™s called conversion, and a very happy day for you.

Blogs that list products tend to do so in order to pump up their own traffic. The best example is Colorlib for Site Templates. They reviewed one of our products and it got 50 sales in 1 week.

Itā€™s all about the audience! If you consider your products are not good for marketing, thatā€™s your idea, my idea was to help @pxlzero with a great piece of advice that most successful authors that didnā€™t strike it based on the file alone got to grow and grow and grow! :slight_smile:

And last but not least, notice that there are 466 users in this conversation, cut out unrelated users, letā€™s say 450 users screenshot, and from my checks there are currently 9466 authors on VideoHive (screenshot and link. )

Iā€™m guessing that out of those 9000, letā€™s say 2000 are making good sales. Iā€™m wondering how many of the first are actually making absolutely 0 marketing.

Do some research on this! Youā€™d be amazed the power of marketing has on any product if done right! Especially since you can do it yourself with great ease. Just open a blog and review your items and other items for example. Ask for a featured listing on a blog that has tons of targeted views. Or if itā€™s VideoHive thereā€™s absolutely no one on the internet writing about Videos? :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: There are countless posts online on paid blogs about products on CodeCanyon, ThemeForest, AudioJungle, 3DOcean, PhotoDune and VideoHive. Use Google and see. There are chances that those blogs actually posted them for free, in which case Iā€™d check the sales of that item to see how it went compared to other items in that authors portfolio, and there are chances that author paid for a listing, in which case, Iā€™d check the sales on that item compared to other items on that category and their portfolio and ask for a listing myself.

Exposure, exposure, exposure! You canā€™t go wrong with that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! I hope you donā€™t spend much time writing this. Because Iā€™m the guy who think that audience (people attention) is the most powerful strength in the world. People attention worth more then any money. And that is true from the beginning of our history.
But, donā€™t idealize marketing, showing as example Apple or Coca-Cola. So If all Coca-Cola banners will be replaced by Envato ads. Do you think Envato will win from this or become bankrupt really really fast? Do you know why? Because everyone can easily drink Coca-Cola, but not everyone need our templates.
What Iā€™m saying that we need to be extremely careful about paid ads. Videohive audience is not so big as Themeforest. Videohive audience need specific knowledge and specific software before purchasing item. We need to be more targeted.
Do you want to read conversation about paid ads among Videohive authors? Here it is.

In conclusion. Marketing is great tool. But I think, if VH author can improve quality of his items - itā€™s better to do this, than to learn how to promote items right, without losing money.

PS: Your link " intro video for website" donā€™t return VideoHive as a first result (itā€™s on 7 position). Envato is smart and donā€™t lose money for audience from Belarus. :wink:

3 Likes

I agree with everything you said, especially this, except for the ThemeForest partā€¦ ThemeForest is shockingly hard to market, software, keywords, categories, etc etc. Weā€™re on the same boat, haha! :smiley:

Cheers mates!

1 Like

The encouragement of ads, promotions outside the market has relevance only when the item/product is end result of deep research and development. Not for the items that reach buyers solely through search keywords. ThemeForest and CodeCanyon has such potential items but even there 90% of the items donā€™t qualify or fall under that umbrella. VideoHive has very narrow area for ads such as plugins and scripts I guess the authors who produce them already aware the necessity of external promotion - even before investing enormous time for making the item.

1 Like

I agree with you.

Sometimes Marketing Plays a key role even you create Super quality Items. I heard a guy saying creating 4 quality projects a month not helped him. when he spend 50$ on google ads a month he will be getting 300$ more sales than he usually has. When I checked his portfolio He had great items. I tried last year it worked for me in November my sales raised. The market is too saturated we all know that. Getting your item on the 10th page of search wonā€™t help it. Yeah, little marketing will help you earn more.

2 Likes

Exactly what Iā€™m trying to say. Without quality items your marketing donā€™t be so productive. Quality should be on the first place, then you may do marketing.

1 Like

Long time not making new items its true but still a heavy drop ):
sales%20monitor

3 Likes

New quality items ( +1 @DOGmotion ) + a few online listings on speciality sites will take you a long, long way! :slight_smile:

The same drop on my graph ā€¦
I finish making a project (game) for mobile platformsā€¦already six months in development
and will do projects for vhā€¦

1 Like

Its a slow week for me.

1 Like

It is clear at this point that Elemets is killing the marketplaces, I have the same drop, I am sure there are authors that are still doing good but the majority is on life support , hard days ahead.

3 Likes

As an mod/buyer/author, I disagree that Elements is killing the Market. They serve 2 completely different sets of people, one cannot exist without the other. The fact that it was introduced some time back and sales have not dropped 80% after so much banner advertising on all marketplaces should prove thisā€¦ besides lack of support on Elements, and other factors long before explainedā€¦

2 Likes

Dow Jones is fallen. Winter is coming.

Have good sales this days.

1 Like

October is horrible ! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Capture

1 Like

Ohhh, again. Why authors in whose portfolio there is no one Videohive item, sow panic among Videohive authors? :lying_face: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Easy man. With all respect, I guess people here can express and share their own situation freely. I have comments about my items from themeforest authors and thatĀ“s no reason to underestimate them just because we are on videohive.

2 Likes