The Sales Monitor

Seriously? Another day without sales ???

Omg. Guys just buy something from me or I will not eat today… I dont deserve to eat!!! I dont earn anything!

Where my life is going … :frowning:

8 Likes

Congrats friend!!! Deserved reward for a great work!! :sparkles::tada::firecracker::man_dancing:t3:

2 Likes

Worst month! Like when I started, but Elements complement it. VH is ultra slow!

2 Likes

i do have a question, i did not registered on elements yet, but does it worth it?

Worst month ever!

4 Likes

I hate to write this but it was the worst month since I started on envato 9 years ago. Sad just don’t understand what is going on…

3 Likes

Conspiracy Theory: Could Envato be manipulating earnings of Elements to ease the pain of the drastic drop in sales of Videohive?

It’s only in their best interest to keep everyone happy so they don’t remove their items from Elements.

Perhaps this is where the “Bonus” comes in to play?

probably thats why Alex Jones is not author of envato. He knew it.

4 Likes

Definitely yes.

Paying out considerably more money than they should be, just to make authors feel better? I think the Moon landings being a hoax, the Royal family being lizard people, and the Earth being flat are all considerably more likely.

3 Likes

I think they should be transparent with the earnings… not just some random number you see ever month.

And how exactly it should be transparent? Showing number of downloads? Real time updates?
But how do you know this is not a fake? There is nothing difficult to produce random number every minute. Maybe on Videohive you also have random earnings and random sales, and they are all fake. Maybe they reduce your real sales? Even more! Maybe there is no any items on Envato. Only yours! And the entire market is absolutely fake, because they need your items and sale them on another place and earn millions with your help. And you don’t know about that!
You are right. It’s really scaring. We need real proofs. Every customer should record on video how he buy an item, and send this video to us.

On topic: Bad month for me, the worst in this year.

1 Like

:shushing_face:

On videohive it is easy to check if a sale gets in fact reported to us.
If things are reported in real time it is easy to check if a sale didn’t show up in our account.

Getting more data and transparency has been requested since the beginning of elements. It is an understandable demand, not only because of trust issues but to simply have more data to work with.

1 Like

Though I’m referring to Elements. :wink:

I know.

It was sarcasm, showing that even real time data can’t prove that the earnings is really from customers.
Yes, you may buy for example one of your item to prove that, but you never know that all sales is real. It’s just a matter of trust. If you don’t trust those people - don’t work with them.

But I agree with you, would be great to see more data. But this data will not prove that earnings is not fake. It would be more “random numbers”. And if @anon44185447 don’t trust those few numbers that we already have, more data will not prove anything for him.

Phrasing it like that, yes, money could be added to our account that weren’t sales. But I would like that :slight_smile: But if I think that sales are hidden from me, real time sales are a lot more trustworthy because of the pure fact that IF I distrust it I could ask my friend to buy a license and see if it gets reported. And simply because of this possibility it is highly unlikely that anything suspicious is done with the real time data, it is just too high of a risk to be discovered. On elements, this is different, we literally get only random numbers at the end of the month.

I got your sarcasm, I just think you are wrong in your sarcasm or exaggeration saying videohive could be just as easy to fake as elements. No it could not.

I agree, we have to trust envato, yes, and we wouldn’t be here if we weren’t doing that.
But on marketplace this is not really needed as things can be checked. On elements, not really.

That said, I like the idea of envato giving us all money just to make us happy :slight_smile: I find this just as unlikely as SpaceStockFootage though :smiley:

If talking seriously the only thing that concerns me and makes me suspicious about envato workflow is analytics data and graphics. I mean its like a pattern sometimes like a EVERY OTHER DAY zig zag. Its too systematic. The item page views and especially sales are sometimes so systematic that you can even predict how many sales you will have next day just because the graphic patern has to be completed. Its crazy.

I mean sometimes it feels like page views or sales are somehow limited/boosted every other day.

1 Like

Actually you may check Elements the same way as you propose to check Videohive. It just take more time and effort.
Subscribe to Elements. Upload new item to it. Download it one time. Delete your item from Elements (or you may also upload it on the last hour of the month to have clear data). Then wait for report. When you get it, see how much this item earns for you. If you don’t download anything else from that subscription, you will know how much exactly you earn from that template. Done.
So there is no need to have real time data for such kind of test.

1 Like