The Sales Monitor

Everyone, please stop thinking on the lines of “I posted X amount of items in the last month and still a drop in sales”.

1. Unless the item turns out to be a best seller, you can only judge how well it’s doing over a period of at least 6 months. (and unless you follow trends, which is not a sustainable business model in the first place)

2. Just because you had an item approved does not mean you are entitled to sales. The item can be AMAZING, but simply not in demand, or appeals to a small audience.

6 Likes

I “like” (actually don’t) when item became popular or somehow increased sales, author starts to produce the same item (with a little difference) over and over again. And after that he will have 20 items that looks almost the same.
Quantity vs Diversity. Yes, more items - more days on first page. But this doesn’t multiply customers. Audience of such kind of items remain the same, no matter how many copies produce the author. It’s like a rat race, he produce more copies to bring his items on first page, but when he stops doing that his sales fall down, because what he only has is 3 or 4 unique items.
What I will really like to see is diversity on Envato. Less items but greater cover of a possible audience.

2 Likes

New company, say hello to Placeit.net

3 Likes

Yee already saw that one. Placeit + elements!! Amazing combo!

3 Likes

So…July is almost over. here is my stats.

and for comparison the last two years

It seams it is worse for most of us here. Really depressing I guess we dont see the big picture :slight_smile:

Your 2018 is pretty much on par with 2017, so no reason to party but also no reason to complain :slight_smile:
You have stable sales year over year.

4 Likes

Last week…
wqc

2 Likes

I’m on vacation officially since now. You can guess the stats!

1 Like

The best fun fact I ever had :sweat_smile::joy:

3 Likes

Bad month here.
Scr00

What can I say… Less than this month my income was only in June 2012. Think I have to say thanks to the authors which continue to make Elements bigger, I hope you are getting a worthy reward for your works there.

P.S. And please, guys, don’t tell me about any other factors. I’m too long here and I know that sales can be affected by different things, but there was a time when I didn’t upload any projects within 5 months and also a period when I didn’t upload any projects a whole year and still then my income was slightly more than when Elements appeared. Well, good luck to all who have not chosen “the dark side”. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Oh … and for a desert… the referals are gone. Affiliate program is closed.

3 Likes

Hey Alex,

We miss the good old days, back in 2010 - 2014 :slight_smile: We miss the old Envato, the old forum, the old badges, the out of the box contests, the high quality bundles (even though we didn’t take part in any of them), those popupless front pages, and last but not least, we miss the sales :slight_smile: Actually this is the first time we write on this forum. What can I say…less than this month our income was only in 2010 when we started here.

Same as you, not even when we didn’t upload any project for a long time, we didn’t have such low sales. So, I have to agree about Elements. Good luck guys on finding a complementary source of income :slight_smile:

12 Likes

To be honest I support Wayman. I am here too from 2012 and I know what going on the market eventually. I have friends Who continuously contribute 4to 5 projects every month. and just earns a few hundred dollars. Its like quality over quantity. One Quality project that makes your more income than total 10 items income. But those I just do one or two projects a month. But it does not matter nowadays because front page exposure is gone and the market is too saturated I think. and when elements started I have seen My income is coming down little by little. To be honest I will never Join Elements. I respect Envato From my heart it was given me a platform to build my career. But when I Join honestly Envato is a community-driven marketplace. To be honest I think nowadays it does not look like that. I have noticed most of my sales are coming from my referrals only. Otherwise its hell for me. I don’t why Envato chose Elements over videohive. Potentially they lose income too But I am surely Know that its a bad decision for us in a long time. Just wait and see. Still, I got lots of respect in videohive and Envato because I am living on it.

4 Likes

It’s not closed I think its moved to another platform called radius group somthing like that

Buddy stop calling me out. I am on vacation, please. I’m not blaming authors or anyone ok?

Ok people… Freedom of speech is one thing. But making sales thread into drama soap is just funny…

:smiley: guys stop being kids.

Where are mods? I suggest deleting few posts :))

1 Like

I do it myself. This conversation doesn’t make any sense actually.
:grinning:

5 Likes

I would leave my messages here like an example “what will happen if you say that authors from another market create a dumping”, but now it does not make sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like