The Sales Monitor

Disastrous month for me also. It passed 2 years I think since I had a month so low in sales. Back then I had only a few items though.

2 Likes

Do you think is that because the high supply and low demand ?

Summer vacations + soccer championship + elements.

It will start recovering fast in september. Wait for it.

4 Likes

Good sales so far. Waiting for Elements earnings.

Totally agree, the market is very changing and demanding. My sales are stopped 2 days ago, but just before this stop I had 6 sales in a row. Capricious market!! :surfing_man:t3: Happy summer!! :wink:

Hmm, hard to say, but if it were because of that I donā€™t think the drop would have been so dramatic. The sales should decrease concomitant with the items saturation and high supply. Itā€™s also true, in the summer, sales are going down, but not like this. Itā€™s too radical. It have to be something else, in my opinion.
Last month I had a serious decrease. This month itā€™s a total disaster.

It could be the possibility to download 62,000+ video templates & stock footage in one month with only 29$ . But I made an experiment: I searched on Envato Elements some titles similar with the one I use on my items ( I searched with 3 words) and I found around 20(few) clips on one page. So I donā€™t think Elements could be totally responsible for the drop.

Another thing: itā€™s very hard to get approved something in the stock footage and motion graphics category these days. So, you canā€™t say the reason for the drop itā€™s because high supply in the last months.
My last approved item was on 7 June. Itā€™s very important to get approved items day by day. The last ones are selling often. In my case this could be a reason.

2 Likes

may be as @cyzer said it is globle events may caused the markets to be dropped down as I thought

sale%20drop
3 Weeks left, i canā€™t believe that we have so huge drop on the market.
Whatever it is, this never happened in the last 8 years.

1 Like

Very slow! (

calm down) probably its the fifa 2018. it will be over in july 15

1 Like

Very much summer.

Unlikely. It may have a bit of an impact, but itā€™s not like the entire planet has taken a month off.

3 Likes

well soccer is pretty popular this days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve said this before when it comes to stock files. Imagine that you are a buyer, what would you prefer pay 29$ for 60k+ file or 29$ for just one file. I know that the quality on elements is not perfect but still there are good files in thereā€¦

I imagine that elements is a great tool for evato but I canā€™t see how it will ever be profitable for contributor, of course I might be wrong and I donā€™t see the full pictureā€¦ nobody seam to explain how this works we see no data nothing just massive drops in sales.

Sure there is the soccer thing, summer but something feels different then past years.

Just my thoughts.

How does services like Spotify are profitable for singers?
Why does one of my item cost $27 and available on Elements, in May (before Elements launch) got 5 sales, and in June got 5 sales (after Elements launch)? (April - 3 sales, March - 5 sales, February - 1 sale). How do you explain this? If every one can download 60K+ videos just for $29. :laughing:

On topic, good sales.

I am lost man when it comes to elements I donā€™t understand it. I think I will apply for an invitation see what is happening lol :slight_smile:

Spotify admits the average ā€œper streamā€ payout to rights holders lands somewhere between $0.006 and $0.0084.

That sounds like slave work to me. This is a great deal for the owner of the platform but the contributors man o man this is sad.

1 Like

Any one with low sales need to make some marketing works to increase his audience and drive some probable buyers as %25 of that audience as an important rule in sale any things

%50 time = Work
%50 time = marketing

@FWDesign

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

I am not that low in sales things are a bit slow but I canā€™t complain too much is just that things are getting wired on envato because of all this changes specially elements, something feels different in a bad way.

1 Like