The Sales Monitor

Yesterday only was a good day. All other days are under the average daily earnings.

Average earnings wouldn’t be average earnings if there was no days that were under the average earnings.
Mathematica - cruel thing. :grin:

1 Like

“i have a dream” I want to be here - Discover the Featured video effects of the week

For me this week was disaster as for sales. + Hard rejection in motion graphics items category… in motion graphics category… Hey Envato guys you seriously? Time to stop uploading here.

Is there some law that motion graphics items aren’t ever allowed to be rejected?

3 Likes

As per my experience, Motion Graphics rejection ratio is lower compared to After effects projects.
On topic :Sales are below average

Absolutely… I concur. Although not that low that it deserves a “seriously?” and a “time to stop uploading here though” because of said rejection!

Yeah drop in sales here too. Looking forward to the next couple of earnings reports from Elements to see how much it will offset my drop.

Can I see portfolio of reviewer who reject my work? Yes? No? You know answer.

You’d have to ask them that.

Still… you get half the people complaining because reviewers aren’t authors, and half the people complaining because they are and they think they’re rejecting people’s items so there’s less competition. Any reason they can find to point the finger of blame rather than accepting the possibility their work might not be very good, or it might be borderline, or it might be good but doesn’t bring anything new to an already saturated category. Maybe the reviewer is wrong, but you’re coming across as slightly arrogant to not even accept the possibility that they might be right. I mean what does the reviewer’s work have anything to do with it? Are you not allowed to say a dish is bland if you’re not a professional chef, can you not say a film is rubbish unless you’re a filmmaker etc etc?

Ok, so you think they were wrong to reject your items. I think they were right to reject your items as they’re lacking in quality and are unlikely to get many, if any, sales. I don’t actually think that as I’ve not seen them… they could be very good. But for the sake of this discussion… prove me wrong. Why are you right and the reviewer is wrong?

2 Likes

Too many words. As part of Envato team you have to protect Envato opinion - so no sense to debate. We will stay at our points. I just want to look at reviewer portfolio. As for uploading - this hard rejection was like a “last drop” additional to bad tentence of sales. So for now I will stop uploading here fo next few weeks. Will see.

I think pausing uploads is harsh decision, Most of the time reviewers are right, even they leave the weaker files to get into Envato, customers will not show much interest in it, I seen several files, I myself got lots of rejections, I fought for few files with the support tickets, I never come to forum with the rejected files.so in my opinion rework on the rejected project after a couple of weeks and make it better and upload again with substantial improvement

You got so many approved items in motion graphics, but never asked for reviewer portfolio.
If you want to doubt the professionalism of reviewer. Envato should also doubt all your approvals, that was made by this reviewer. Because if he is not professional, how can Envato believe that all your works deserve approval. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s news to me. I’m just saying that on the whole… good items get approved, bad items get rejected. Theres always a grey area and plenty of borderline cases, but with a lack of any evidence to the contrary, theres probably a good reason why they rejected your content. I could be wrong, but you’re not even considering the possibility that they could be right.

I mean, when you say you have bad sales… that doesn’t really help your argument. If you have good sales then I’d be more inclined to believe they’d made the wrong decision. Why not upload your previews here. I’ll gladly admit that I think they should have approved your items if that’s the case.

1 Like

Thats so true, @DOGmotion is right. Why you only request reviewers portfolio when you get item rejected :)) isnt that bias? :))

I think what you need less as so everyone else is negative emotions and negativity. Just chill. Relax. Enjoy summer.

1 Like

Personally, I upload 4 items in one shot before a few days, and then with one click, they all rejected and 2 items before that. I was very angry and upset that time and thinking with not work here again and then I defended my Items, but few days later, I thought deeply and read in the forums. So, I come to this conclusion… we must ask our self the a couple of questions:-

1. Will this item be a professional one with high quality ?
  2. Will people need it and which people ?
  3. Will we come with new idea and technology without repetition in the market ?
  4. The most important one is that, Will we raise the sales ratio ? because if we do so, we will help other authors and raise the sales in general because we will get the customers’ attention not only to our items but also to the others with variety of ideas and technology in the end we all work together and raise the market’s sales

July is having a good start.

Boys this is a sale, why not discuss it in the new one? We are all upset in recent months and I feel sad when the item is rejected, but in the end it’s not a way to call our reviewers. Sometimes the market is over saturated and probably will not have the same effect on sales. Tyson, Philips or Kramer have been doing their job for many years now and everyone knows how things are happening here.

P.S. Could you belive that i sold this: https://videohive.net/item/you-are-invited-cs3/119866
and a buyer (to be honest it’s a company) want me to customize it? I was just planning to redesign it this year …
There are no rules about quality these days …
Let’s focus how we can Grow!

3 Likes

I am agree with you
:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

Last year my weekly income, became monthly income over this year!!!
Worst month for my envato payout in 3 years.

Only hope made us alive.

2 Likes