The Sales Monitor

I have a similar fall. For me last month it was pretty good, but this month is still very strange. 70% drop One day I have 4 sales but then 4 days totally stopped … The market is not normalized at this time. Many authors in this same situation, we expect a next improvement. Good luck guys!:muscle:

1 Like

Going to an end the worst January ever!

6 Likes

Any official answer about this why it is happening like this :frowning: we would like to know that only we are getting low sales or whole videohive is down :frowning:

1 Like

The worst month of January with difference, in 6 years … drop of 60% compared to the month of December. Two days and outside … :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And they haven’t even added video assets to Elements yet :confused:

may be buyers are waiting for elements to release after effects templates ?

I don’t think they have any idea about it…

I confirm sales are very low these 3 last days.

January started well, I hope ADP didn’t change anything, it should’nt because prices didn’t change a lot for buyers (in my case). Let’s wait and see.

I have a question by the way : I have a template that was 53$ before ADP, it was automatically set by Envato at 49$ after ADP.
I just came back to the original 53$ price and I win 4$ more than before ADP (lucky me), am I right saying it doesn’t change anything for buyers to keep the same price before and after ADP … ?

I also noticed that keeping the same price than before (53$) raises the VAT for customers that pay it, not much but 1$ for french people at 20%VAT.

Guy do you think envato is trying to kill envato market/videohive by introducing element? They are redirecting customers with banners on this site but no banners to advertise envato market on element! It’s obvious & it’s sad. It’s such a shame. Not even sites like shutterstock as a subscription nearly as low…they didn’t only kill this marketplace but sets the standard sooooooo low across the entire internet…this is now the “future”

My sales are good but I’m already looking into ways to adopt and improve since we can’t fight this…let’s just learn to dance in the rain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, you are wrong. ADP changed everything. It has huge influence to search, and what buyers see in a first place.
Even if you return prices to the same amounts, you can’t return the position of your item on search.

On topic: Stable sales.

I don’t see any reason why ADP would have changed the search results…?
It didn’t change anything for me on all my portfolio, everything is at the same place (I keep history of positions). But I have only 7 items.

Does somebody have an anwer to this (maybe a dumb question :slight_smile: ): “it doesn’t change anything for buyers to keep the same price before and after ADP, same total amout … ?”

Buyers can filter for a price. Before ADP, prices was almost the same, now they are custom. So it’s a great tool to cut low/high priced items. Or sort by prices.

I don’t agree, I don’t think customers search the best price (i never did because everything is cheap)… they search for the right item and 3 to 5$ more or less won’t make a huge difference if you found the right thing.

If I find a nice music at 19$ instead of a medium one at 15$ and I sell my final project 500$ or 1000$ it won’t make any difference…

You never did because there was almost no difference in prices.
Now you already may notice a quality difference if you start filtering, for example, logos by price. See what people sell lower 12$, and what higher 21$. It’s not only a price difference on those items, but quality too.
So it’s a matter of time when customers will start use this filter for identify low and high quality products. If you don’t believe me, just remember how you filter stuff on any online shop. I think sorting by the price was one of your favorite filter.

I hear you and I agree that a lot of people filter by the price when they buy food or shoes… but videohive is different.

For me it’s a good thing that High quality logo openers are more expensive than low quality ones, I think everything will balance in time for the good.

Authors will stop selling copy paste slideshows and start thinking of something unique to sell it better.

I love your Portfolio by the way :wink: and don’t think it will have a huge impact on your sales because you are selling smart and unique items.

Let’s wait and see who is right !

1 Like

I agree with you.
I’m not complaining. In opposite, I’m really happy.
Now we all can create really interesting projects for small audience, and don’t afraid of low sales.

By the way, my portfolio is not so good. There are so many really insane quality items, that I want to abduct and torture authors with only one reason… find out how they create so amazing things. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I hope you all understand that we are discussing between costa of lunch and dinner?
Our pricing model is the cheapest on the Earth, few $ up or down does not need to change the things. Freelancers takes 5-10x more to create similar custom projects. In the real world template production cost even more.

2 Likes

I doubled my prices (footage), some even more. Now, after 7 days, I can say that my average earnings also doubled. This means there is still room to price even higher, and see even greater earnings.

2 Likes

January 2017 and January 2018 about 630 less in earnings :frowning:

If you made $635 last January, then thats pretty worrying. If you made $63,500 then less so!

1 Like