The Sales Monitor

It’s not just the June, 2017 is the slowest year start we have sent till yet. Yes June is showing biggest drops in sales. Today we have 0 sales for the first time in 3 years and last week other days were like 1 sale 2 sales that’s all. But after all this people think this is normal

My last sale was 3 days ago!!!
Biggest drop for me on June, regarding 3 year’s of my envato life.

I have 6 days with 0 sales this June. No motivation to continue

2 Likes

Yes, there is a huge drop from the beginning of this year, really really huge. :frowning:

Greatly sales fell. I hope there’s a logical explanation. I’m sad :weary: This is the worst month :scream:

I’m wondering why is this happening?

Summer? :slight_smile:

Summer? :slight_smile: then it will be worst more.

1 Like

Quarter :slight_smile:

and sales stoped. what is wrong with it?.. would be nice to see reply form envato… (naively)

Same graph for me … :confused:

Based on my data, there has been a dip in sales at the start of this week for PHP products.

Not sure if it was you I said this to before, but why not make something new? There’s only one way the graph can go if you’ve not released a new item for 16 months.

And looking at your portfolio, it’s very apparent the kind of item that will give you good sales and the kind of item that will give you great sales… so maybe that should influence your next masterpiece.

Same with you St_Denis… you’re approaching 12 months without anything new. Even if people don’t specifically buy your new item, a new item in the list can bring exposure to your portfolio and your other items. Not forgetting 3Ddym… you’ve been uploading more frequently, but 22 items uploaded in 2012, 2013 and 2014… compared to 9 items in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Sure, I’m experiencing a drop as well (and miseld is on the ball with new items and is still experiencing a drop), it seems like summer has come early combined with a small increase of new customers that can’t keep up with the big increase in new items/authors (slightly bigger cake but a lot more mouths to feed)… but we’re not doing ourselves any favours if we’re not keeping on top of our portfolios and consistently uploading more stuff.

To use an analogy that could probably be better… we can’t be hoping to retire on our iPhone 5 sales if buyers are coming along looking for the latest and greatest new phones.

You are absolutely right ! I am sure I am experiencing a sales drop because I only update my items and don’t release new stuff. My main item in the top seller for almost a year now is slowly getting down in the list and I suppose it is normal, a same project cannot be attractive for years…
My items are so looooong to create, I am working on it :wink: (Small project sent and reviewing actually)
But I am pretty sure it is not the only reason. The process you are talking about is much more slower than the sudden drops we all experienced in the last 3 months. Things will maybe come back to normal in September…
Anyway thanks for your advices SpaceStockFootage . :thumbsup:

You could be right, but I think it’s best to make sure we’ve done everything within our power to make sure we’re getting the most possible sales… then we can be absolutely sure it’s not the only reason, rather than just being pretty sure! I’ll look out for your next item, I’m sure it’ll be a beauty!

There is a big reason why authors starting to upload less. :wink: They are not lazy. This place is moving to wrong direction. Many authors talk about this. So why do we need to go the wrong way with Envato?

PS: This month could be good for me, but few days ago everything stopped. So average here.

1 Like

Yep, we need to upload more, promote more, & create better items.
And what Envato do? Drive all the traffics to Elements. :joy:

8 Likes

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/codecanyon.net

1 Like

Seems like usual drop because of summer time. Other marketplaces have this drop in traffic too

Mon 1 sale, Tue 2 sales, Wed 2 sales. What da hell is going on?