The Sales Monitor 2

What ever you said. Business is based on Products, Customers & Distrubution Channels like Envato.
Whatever US, or other counteries…It just a business. I think back in 2012, the world was simpler than now. The peoples, trends and markets was also simpler. Everythings is changing or in a other word ( Development ) that makes things difficult to us. Keep in mind every new thing is difficult thing until we will use to.

2 Likes

Well yes there’s more competition, but still I’m a relatively new author (1 year + since I’ve actively been focusing on stock video templates) and dunno, when I put in the work, I don’t see any death here :smiley:

As long as I keep adapting and don’t create stuff by 2012 standards, ideas and workflow approaches.

1 Like

For the past 3 months sales from USA were great, July so far have no USA customers.

Might be impact from 4th of July

Vh is not dieing. Its covid stuff. Calm down and stay safe. We will get out of this all together. Everything will get a new fresh big kick start when all that covid crap is over.

Vaccines and medicine is underway.

4 Likes

I have not seen any impact from covid-19 on marketplace besides everyone and their dog doing corona animations.
My sales are basically unaffected. I don’t have event-based projects, but how many videohive projects are really? I mean, flyer designers are seeing a decline, okay, but digital video production is still going strong in quarantine.

Every mileage is different, but I do not expect a huge rise in sales if they declare the pandemic as over tomorrow.

7 Likes

My sales are almost dead on videohive. I see huge decline, probably like -50%

4 Likes

Anyone know what is going on with sales?

1 Like

Death? :smiley: Noticed a bit of a dip in the last couple of days, but nothing extraordinary yet.
Judging from google trends it seems like things are steady, no abnormalities there: (after the drop around 2018 December - 2019 January)

Still no sales from USA, rest of the world normal.

Same for me, week started pretty slow

you are right Mr. T. One thing for sure, to be successful here, you need to keep a positive outlook. You were fortunate, (through your hard work) that you found your niche here early. It is difficult to top your particle skills. For those floundering around trying to find their niche (I include myself in this group) it can seem like a lost cause. I may be further ahead now if I just devoted this energy in the past 10 years to just making art. I know I don’t want to repeat the last 10 years, though it has had its positives. I’m going to give it a couple more tries, than probably move on.

covid+summertime+shake-out…I am on holiday until February 2021…everything will be fine, cheers.

2 Likes

Something went wrong…

where did you get this ?

last month Elements good sells Videohive bad - this month Videohive good - Elements bad…

My Google Analytics

So google is finally agreeing with you that everything is going downhill? As you are saying for the last 4 years or so? :slight_smile:

Sorry - could not resist. :smiley:

I am the Google :joy:
It’s ok. My life is full of ups and downs, but i am happy.

4 Likes

on Jun1 SS downgraded their author commissions by at least (-50%) with only few day notice. This made a lot of people angry and they stoped or removed their portfolios from there. Now if you’ll have a quick look at new stock items you will see a bunch of new authors with portfolios of 10-20k coming in. They left SS for Envato. I believe because of this “over saturation” envato implemented new feature where you can add up to 50 keywords. I know this is quite sad news… :frowning: