The Sales Monitor 2

2021 envato

What happened? This Summer is terrible. Hardly any views either.

4 Likes

For me all months before july were as usual on VH. But in july there was a big decline in sales. Even bigger decline will be in August. I guess everyone moved to Elements and VH is becoming useless without Elements account.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe that this is reality. But at the end when we touch the bottom, we must rise and start over.

1 Like

Mine looks almost identical.

when you enter in to EE, do you think about this day?
what you think, who and where is coming to download you templates for 2cent?
from another planet? no my friend its your customers that no using anymore videohive!
GL everyone!

1 Like

I’m asking you, does it make sense to make a new project now? is not it?

snapshot
:thinking: :scream:
3/4 of August has passed. For me, this month’s sales have only reached 1/5 of July, an unprecedented decline.

If you’re in Elements yes, definitely you have to make a new project and pass the Videohive approval first to get your item in Elements. But if you publish your works only on Videohive, the decision to make a new template or not is up to you.

3 Likes

No it doesn’t, that way you’ll only be creating more competition for all of us and in turn worsening our incomes, so please please, just don’t do it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is really funny, my June earnings on Elements were average but Videohive was far way below average, but this time I’m having the opposite thing, Videohive is above average, Elements way below average.
200w

A bit better, and on elements too

August sales were terrible for me, like never before in many previous months and years. Thank God Elements saved the month with the best earnings I ever had since I joined.
Always hoping for the best for this next month on Videohive and expecting better sales

I was accepted for Elements at the end of this month (August). Sales on Videohive were terrible in July and August. Wanna see what’s gonna happen on Elements.

I see that on Elements I’ll have to pay 30% tax to Australia instead of 0% tax to US on Videohive though. So Videohive is better anyway.

1 Like

When I review your work, I cannot compete with you. You are much better than me. No need to worry :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ahahaha oh please, but you manage to create much bigger packs of stuff! :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Come and ask about my hair falling out from stress at the computer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

good start first day 35$- but in next days everything will be like ups and downs - we (I) will see :slight_smile:

MAJOR LOW SALES THEORY - SHIFTING MEDIA TO PHONES

I think we are seeing a very fast shifting trends and ads transition from horizontal to vertical screens. Like phones and tablets.

Thats why most of the sales are gone. And I assume this vertical screens templates usecase is becoming a normal and will never get back.

Most of the projects bought and trending in videohive is for phone.

Covid has accelerated this natural shift from horizontal monitors and tvs to handheld phone screens.

So I guess if you want good sales you need start producing vertical templates.

I am starting to assume Elements has nothing to do with it. its all about the sudden change in human behavior and media that requires our templates, Its becoming mostly phones.

1 Like

Nah.
It would be nice to attach some proofs with such analytics.
What I found:

1. On popular items page there is no projects that supports ONLY vertical resolution.

Yes. Vertical resolution is important today. But it’s not a reason of someone’s low sales.

7 Likes