The Sales Monitor 2

You should know…

…every positive comment here gives few extra sales on Market, and additional bonus on Elements. That’s why you have 356 comments on this thread, isn’t it?

It doesn’t matter you get low sales or high sales. One should cry about instability of market / industry / life so that this thread maintains its entertainment factors.

2 Likes

busted

1 Like

Worst month since 3-4 years :frowning:

1 Like

Its kinda stable, but very low…

1 Like

this month is realy sudden decrease in sales but visits (analytics) stay the same. I see it being my lowest month for probably like 7-8 years , sharp 50-60% decrease in earnings. Also other authors are concerned. We would like to see some comments from envato staff about ongoing market situation , is there something being changed/tested in the market search? Algorhythms? Marketing? That could be responsible for this sharp drop?
@BenLeong

8 Likes

Your last project is already on April 23, what did you want :joy: :joy:

Something really scary is happening with Videohive, revenue has fallen by 60 percent over the past month… I have probably never had such low sales… It is sad that such a once cool and creative site is dying, and the main investments and advertising go to the soulless Elements

3 Likes

It is happening to code as well.

Seeing Envato’s actions it seems that the plan is just Elements the rest does not matter… what happen to this place man?

to be honest I was against elements in the beginning but seeing all sites follow the subscription-based business it is time for Envato to adopt the same business otherwise it will end for Envato. I can see lots of new audio sites are coming this kind of trend. and it’s very hard to survive if they just stick to the price per item business. as an element author its not a great income but its a stable income for authors to survive. The only thing I don’t like is turning videohive buyers to elements buyers. Those good years give freedom to work and made with heart items are no more. now a days i dont see such a great items except the slideshows and typography works in videohive. I really hope the days come back give us alll inspiration to work again with heart.

Before this break, I uploaded 20 projects in 1 month, but it doesn’t work :sob: Of course, I did not expect that they would sell well, it was rather for elements, but as we see a strong drop in almost everyone :grin:

1 Like

Elements and big packs that contains like 1000,5000+ stuff inside is ruining VH, everytime you want to see best sellers, you only see packs on the first page. Smaller, more unique projects has no chance to shine. Packs should get their own category IMO.

5 Likes

I will wait another 2 months and if the situation repeats, I think it’s time to change something, despite the fact that my last month was the 2nd best this year. And although I have already done a lot to diversify the income from my main account. I’m starting to think about adding freelance services to me. In any case, the pandemic continues and perhaps this instability is connected with this. I have some more thoughts, but to confirm this, I need to do several tests, and this takes quite a long time.

1 Like

Hello, my friends !

Periodically I check the section “2021’s Best Selling Templates - updated weekly”, and I see that every month, all sales are falling within Videohive for almost all authors, including the best sellers.

. Is it a warning saturated market?
. Would the big drop in sales be due to the global pandemic?

What is your opinion about the path and direction for the future within Videohive?

Any opinion will be very welcome !

Thank you, very much !

1 Like

My sales on Videohive fell by 50 percent this month, many friends have the same situation… I very much doubt that covid is to blame for this, the pandemic is already in its second year, and such huge sales drops have only recently begun… I’m betting that Envato’s focus has shifted even more to Elements

3 Likes

Exactly…

Codecanyon is in the same situation… and from what I saw on the forum ThemeForest as well.

I don’t think we will be able to make a living from selling stuff here in the next 1-2 years… so you better start planning!

The sad thing for me as an author here for almost 11 years is that Envato is ok with this, probably Elements is a huge success, and the marketplace does not matter anymore… they totally forgot that this is a partnership we are together in this, I feel like the stuff from Elements is Envato property :), at the same time the management should know that this will end very badly for Envato as well! so why they are keep doing this makes no sense to me, is like they want this place that so many of us put thier hard and soul in it to die.

Not sure what I will do next but I am sure I will figure it out :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Many peoples took a vacation in the summer and sales are not very good. I think, better way is find your main job if you dont have one and Videohive make you hobby.
Elements are good thing for customer, for authors - not. Making a video require a lot of time, up to 1 month, expensive powerful hardware and tools. Selling an item for 1-5 usd - not possibe.

1 Like

My average item on EE brings around 50$ per month, top items bring 100$+, there are authors who make 1000$+ from 1 item on EE, so it really depends on quality and context of item.

1 Like

For any major conclusions I would see what will happen in autumn-winter period, as summer is always the worst period on market for me. And this specific summer is quite unique, as borders are getting more opened - more people start to travel and get their vacations. But who knows, I might be wrong and we will have this global downtrend in Autumn/Winter - we shall see…

2 Likes