The Sales Monitor 2

Hi Mustafa

Thanks for your patience. Will here…

I am not sure if you have seen the latest on this Category page experiment update & new Category page design for WordPress

The results for these tests are now in. For ThemeForest, GraphicRiver, VideoHive and CodeCanyon the best selling sort filter increased conversion by over 5% on average. On some categories the difference was much larger, for example on ThemeForest, the WordPress category saw conversion increase by over 50% for the best selling sort filter.

As a result of these positive changes, over the next week, the default sort for these markets will be switching to best selling.

I appreciate that this subject is a tough one and from the onset, I personally wish there was more I can do for you.

I understand the recent category change is unwelcome one. I feel the pain of the wider-author community and have been following the threads in the forums around this topic.

Working with many authors, I understand that the way our ecosystem is setup, new items are the quickest way to gain exposure and sales for author items and that by making these changes we are having a negative impact for those authors who are accustomed to this type of workflow.

But in short, these will not be reversed and so authors will need to reframe and adapt to this wider-platform change going forward.

The team have launched a brand new category page design to try and balance the ecosystem to give new authors and new items an opportunity to be seen while also giving trending items and best selling items an opportunity to be presented to customers. This is only in WordPress at the moment but if this is a success then we will look to move this to other marketplaces.

These are challenging decisions, changes and discussions, but are to be expected when selling across a marketplace.

I am sorry this does not give you want you want but hope it affirms things and clarifies your next options as an author with us. I hope to see more of your items with us

Thanks

Will Bishop
Author Support