The rollercoaster...

Guys, the saddest news in my life was given to me last Monday morning (the 14th). My little brother Joe passed away. This week has been awful, but just a few hours ago my second child was born. I have moments where I am overjoyed with her birth, but then I reflect on my brother and feel overwhelming sadness. It goes back and forth. It still feels unreal that he’s gone.

1 Like

So very, very sorry to hear that Erick :cry:

Wow, what an incredible range of emotions to be put through in such a short time span.

Our thoughts are with you on the tragic and devastating loss of your brother. What a terrible experience that must be for you and your family. Truly sorry for that.

Welcoming a new child into the world is one of the most gratifying and spiritually satisfying experiences you can have, and so a huge congratulations is due for the birth of your new daughter!

It is difficult for me to comprehend combining the emotions of those two life experiences.

2 Likes

Very sorry for your loss, Erick. Thanks for sharing here and I hope you’re new daughter helps alleviate some of the pain. Hang in there.

-STM

So sorry to hear about your loss, Erick, that’s truly heartbreaking. Hard to follow that with congrats, but very happy for the addition to your family, too. All the best to you and your family.

My thoughts are with you. That’s a lot for anyone to go through :pensive:

That’s quite a rollercoaster indeed. Really sorry to hear about your loss, Erick. Can’t even begin to imagine how you and your family would be feeling at the moment with two such conflicting emotional experiences. It must be overwhelming to say the least, so stay strong. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

To see it from another perspective, your daughter came into the world at a time when you really needed her. I hope she helps heal the pain of your family loss. I wish you and your family all the best, and congratulations on the birth of your new daughter.

Thank you so much everyone! Your kindness and understanding is unmeasurable.

hi Erick, i hope u will have better times ahead, losing someone that we love is never easy to say the least. Indeed, i am both very happy and very sad for you depending on what we are considering. for sure, it will take you quite some time to manage to live without your brother , no doubt about it but as we use to mention the show must go on and the thing is that u have also been given a wonderful present and your small little girl will need her dad , his love and care and same goes with you Gf or wife and u need to keep on fighting … pls accept all my sympathies anyway , i cross fingers for you to have better days ahead :slight_smile:

What an incredibly tough situation, Erick. Sending you mountains of strength and big hugs from all of us here at Envato HQ.

Hold on. Keep faith, smile and strength for you sons. All my prays are with you.

A truly overwhelming week, Erick. My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong.

I’m so sorry to hear that Erick, our thoughts are with you and your family.

Erick I really feel for you, I can’t begin to imagine how you must be feeling and I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, I hope your precious new little one will help you through this xxx

So sorry for your loss Erick. My thoughts are with you. I can only imagine what it must be like to feel such conflicting emotions. Congratulations for your baby girl!