Some thoughts for newbies about the relationship between sales and upload ratio.
- I’m an author on AudioJungle since 6 years ago.
- 94 songs published as exclusive author (one more on queue).
- I had achieved most things people would like to get here: awards, featured author, featured song, badges, interview, etc
- Most people I know or chat about my work asking them for feedback, love my music or think is good enough to be successful.
- I can’t work full-time (my main job is as front-end designer)
- Upload rate average: 1 song / month (last 3 months haven’t upload anything due personal reasons)
- Only 574 sales to date
- No sales in the last month
- The only way get a decent amount of sales here, in a constant basis, is by uploading constantly new and good music (or whatever you do here). Unless you have a very notorious HIT (like Tim Mcmorris, soundroll or any top elite author) that boost your sales and your portfolio to top charts for a long time.
- If you don’t upload ALL the time MANY songs you will be forgotten in the infinite number of new items each day.
- Is discouraging being buried for new songs/authors that, with a very few items, with similar quality than my music get more sales in two months than I’ve got in 6 years.
- Full time is probably the only way to achieve that rate of uploads.
- Awards and recognitions are not important (on sales).
- The new tax system does this place even more difficult to achieve something for someone like me.
Just my two cents.