The Documenter

hogash said

Great tool man!! Thank you very much!! Donated a small amount for your efforts, you’re a great guy!

Marius

Thanks mate! I’ll put you on the list

Great tool thank you for letting us use it

Just used this to create docs for an item we hope to get published. Excellent resource, very very good.

Thankyou :slight_smile:

I will use this to create docs on my item… very nice tool…

thanks much!

Is there a reason why the Documenter isn’t listed on: http://extras.envato.com ?

Took me a while to find it, would be nice to have all the authors tools on one place.

Cheers

this is amazing :smiley:

I personally think this should be bought by Envato and made the standard tool for documentation, would be so much easier for the end user having all documentation formatted in a neat, tidy standardised way…

Great work, will send you some beer money soon :slight_smile:

HI Folks.

Excuse my ignorance as I am not a coder. (I can do fairly basic PHP and HTML changes)

I do several websites for churches and charities and most recently have been using WP Themes. I do documentation to allow the editors to add posts, galleries etc… I have had a play with this tool and am very impressed. I would love to use it for all of my ‘client’ documentation but am at a loss as to how to save it as a document on my server.

The JSON stuff is beyond me. I can’t seem to get my head around what is necessary for me to have the document saved as a file on my server.

Is there any simple documentation available for one such as me?

Thanks in antiipation.

Ritch :confused:

ritch47golf said

HI Folks.

Excuse my ignorance as I am not a coder. (I can do fairly basic PHP and HTML changes)

I do several websites for churches and charities and most recently have been using WP Themes. I do documentation to allow the editors to add posts, galleries etc… I have had a play with this tool and am very impressed. I would love to use it for all of my ‘client’ documentation but am at a loss as to how to save it as a document on my server.

The JSON stuff is beyond me. I can’t seem to get my head around what is necessary for me to have the document saved as a file on my server.

Is there any simple documentation available for one such as me?

Thanks in antiipation.

Ritch :confused:

Here is the documentation:

http://revaxarts-themes.com/documenter/docs/#!/save_your_docs

and here is a code snippet where you can start with:

http://pastebin.com/7FXBe3MC

The Documenter will send the JSON and the ZIP file (optional) to this script which should be located on your webserver. The only thing the script should return is the URL of the saved json file which is used to restore it later. The saved docs are all defined in cookies so if you delete them you have to paste the URL manually into the import field at the top

Hope that helps

Many thanks.

I have now figured out the basic zip file bit. When I do 'LOAD" I get the option to save it to my Mac. I then unzip it and copy the documentation folder to my server. I then have a link in a WP page to the index.html and it works.

However, I get the impression, reading your documentation, that there is a much more elegant way of achieving this but no matter what I try I cant’ get it to work. I put it down to the fact that I really don’t understand the bit about JASON etc.

I put my server URL in the appropriate zip location on the form but the zip file never goes there.

Ho hum.

Thanks,

Ritchie

Hi revaxarts,

first of all thank’s alot for your great tool! :slight_smile:

I need your help at this point: How can i embed my Youtube video in my document?

I tried it with the Flash button pasting the embed code from Youtube inside and pasting the code into the code view of the document. But it didn’t show the video, either the code.

So how can i embed my Youtube video into the document?

Thank’s alot for your help!

Best regards,
Julian :slight_smile:

There’s a bug in version 2 with li’s and decimal/square counting. In the generated CSS file, I found two separate documenter_content ul li entries. One with list style decimal and one with square.

Hey community, i need some help.

I’ve integrated a video with iframe but when i open the final document it always scrolls down to the place where the video is located. What do i have to change that the site stays at the very beginning?

Here’s the problem code:

Thank’s in advance! :slight_smile:

This is a fantastic tool. Makes documentation so easy, yet look so good :slight_smile:

Many Thanks!

It’s a awesome tools. I really love it…

Thank you very much :slight_smile: This tool help me a lot!

Excellent work friends!!!

Great Work !!! I love you !!!

is the result a wp page or html pure?

i want a wp theme that is exactly like the one used for displaying the docxumentation.
it also has a scrollbar in the sidebar on hoover…

Hey Xaver,

Is there any maintenance or something going on right now :slight_smile:

The thing is I’m not able to download the documentation.zip when I click on the “Load it” button. The site just reloads. It is really strange because yesterday I was able to download it :open_mouth: Currently it doesn’t work with both Firefox and Chrome.

I’d greatly appreciate if you could have a look at it. Thanks mate :slight_smile:

Hi Xaver and Joomfx,

I’m also having the same issue with not being able to download my documentation.
The Watch it button works fine, but the load it button just refreshes the page.

Likewise, tested in Chrome and Firefox.