The AJ Community Guide #7: AudioJungle & VideoHive

This guide is based on an AudioJungle community forum discussions about complex issues like PRO royalties and CID. Feel free to improve this guide by making comments and sharing your experience.

I’ve written the following chapters already:

Hi guys! This is RedOctopus from AudioJungle. For the past 3 years VideoHive authors have used many of my tracks in hundreds of projects. I can’t even describe how grateful I am for that. During that time I have realized how important is a connection between AudioJungle and VideoHive author. That’s why I’ve written another chapter of my AudioJungle Community Guide which is about the AJ - VH relation.

At the beginning I wanted to write a short text for AudioJungle authors but finally I’ve added a part for VH authors which became the bigger one.

Tips for AudioJungle (AJ) authors who want to collaborate with VideoHive (VH) authors:

• it’s always good to fulfill all reasonable requests which come from VH authors, e.g. adding customized edits, watermarked renders of separate tracks, adding sfx, adding a discount, putting an info banner in the description
  • keep in mind that price of your item is connected with price of VH projects which use your track so do not change it’s price rapidly, especially if VH authors asked you for keeping fixed price!
  • add an info to the description on your profile page which allows VH authors to use your music in their projects (it’s obligatory if you want your music to be used in their works)
  • do not write posts in the topics on VH forum like “Audiojungle Videohive Collaboration”. Nobody from reads it :slight_smile:
  • do not subscribe to VideHive authors if you’re not interested in their work. It’s pointless since VH authors find tracks only by using search bar or searching the portfolio of authors they already know. Subscribing them will not convince them to use your tracks :slight_smile:
  • think of your tracks in terms of VH projects. Add variations with various lengths (especially 15 and 30 sec), add acents, breaks and sfx, this could make your track more attractive for VH projects

Tips for VideoHive authors:

• write a message to AJ author and ask him for setting a fixed price. This way AJ author will know that he can’t raise the price of his track because that could confuse your buyers
  • you can always ask for lowering a price of a music track to suit your item pricing strategy
  • you can ask for a discount set on a music track for specified period. You can synchronize your discounts
  • you have chosen a track, you love the mood but it’s too short, too long or have sections which do not fit well with your video? Ask for an edit which can be added as a variation of main track, most of us will do this for free :slight_smile:
  • you can always ask for a customized sfx like swooshes, bells etc. Most of us will do this for free or at least send you good audio samples
  • many of you use our watermarked preview tracks for your projects. But keep in mind that if you’re not using first variation, you have to guess where other variation start in the preview file. This can make a problem for your buyers who can’t download preview without watermark (that’s Envato rule). If they download zip and put separate files in your project, it may be out of sync. To avoid that simply ask AJ author for a separate tracks with added watermarks
  • send AJ author a html code (or at least link) to a banner/graphic promoting your item. We love to include it in our items descriptions!
  • on Videohive: remember to include a html link to AJ item in your description (it’s obligatory)
  • on Elements: remember to include a text description with the name of track and AJ author (it’s obligatory, please do not forget about it during the VideoHive > Elements transfer, we have many clients on our AJ forum who can’t find track you use). @Creative found that adding item ID is the best way to make sure clients will find the track since AJ authors sometimes change name of their item. Item ID number can be found in the link of the track e.g. (bolded) https://audiojungle.net/item/trak_title/19497052
    or
    https://audiojungle.net/item/track_title/19497052?_ga=2.156549499.1562944037.1608635877-1218419300.1565188794
3 Likes