Thank you for everything and hope that is not the end

Yep I’m just pointing out that most these “day jobs” are also risky as hell going forward (10+ years) so u gotta keep ur hand in both, but of course do whatever is needed to support a family! I’m not a huge fan of UBI but I think we’re going to need it soon. If some of these predictions from the experts are even 50% right, this next 15 years is going to be a complete mess for literally everyone apart from the 1%. but I’m just pointing out that creative jobs are one of the safest. And to say that considering how messy this industry is just reflects how bad things are probs about to get.

Hey @Feetmusic… Two years before i was about to start my journey here on AJ and your article gave me so much inspiration… Now it’s my turn to push you up and to say to you this. Open your mind and go back to work and make this dream come true one way or another… Many of us got scared about the current situation but we must find new ways to make it work again… and we will! All the best… artsygoat

6 Likes

Thank you so much!
Sure, don’t stop working (I mean - making music). Just we need to keep an ear to the ground and be prepared for difficult times. But anyway don’t give up music.

@MykeRoss says “…or learn to code” - but I am musician, from the early childhood. It’s not just easy as - okaaay, today is impossible to earn money by music, I should be coder. Next day - okaaay, too many programmers and coders , let’s start doctor’s career. And this is one of the problem we have nowadays - non-musicians want to earn easy money by music. We can’t forbid ppl to earn money the ways they want. But let’s be honest it is better when we do the job we like more and what we think our true vocation. Otherwise we get disbalance and mess.

1 Like

I think the cold hard reality is that it’s not just a case of ‘pick yourself up and dust yourself down’, but that the market is slowly dying.

Much like the rest of the music industry, if part time musicians and producers can produce professional sounding tracks in their spare time, the industry pricing is going to reflect that. If a teenager with a half decent Mac can produce AJ standard music by the bucketload, what value is there in that music? Sure, it used to be difficult and niche to make, but it isn’t anymore. Other sites will surely follow this subscription model in the near future too if it makes Envato enough.

The only hope I have at the moment is trying to make tracks with enough musical skill that they still have enough value by themselves. I’m throwing myself into guitar tracks in the hope that there’ll still be enough demand for high quality material but I fear for the industry. Especially seeing as computers are going to be creating amazing material with anything MIDI in the near future.

Sorry for the depressing tone but maybe the honeymoon is over…

3 Likes

Thanks to the Envato experiments, 6 of my new tracks hang with zeros. I hope this is temporary.
This month I worked hard, harder than before. But did not get what I expected

1 Like

Yes. Whatever these experiments are,it seems that it affected many authors. And the aggressive Elements ads must have an impact too.

But other than that i believe that AJ market will find a balance. We should keep producing and raise the quality bar even more for the tracks we produce.

4 Likes

Hello everyone( sorry for my bad english), I would like to say what i think,
I’m sorry to say it but i have to.
Envato don’t care about what you are talking about , or even all the petitions are done in the forum, nothing is going to work or to make the change that we are looking for , unless they will hear us, but unfortunately no, in other words, you are wasting your time.
there are two solutions
1_Leave Envato and sell your work somewhere eles
2_ close your eyes ( like i’m doing because you don’t have the choice) and do your best to improve your work and sell in envato

everyday and everytime i see authors writing petitions, but nothing changed, i’m sad that Envato Ignore the source of their Incomes.
I don’t say it’s impossible but, let’s hope for some positive changes

4 Likes

I am very new on Envato - Audiojungle but I have to confirm that there are quite a few ‘‘fraudulent salesmen’’ as I call them, not musicians and not even to say composers.
There are many of them but quality customers would never buy from them I believe. Just earlier today I have seen a track that was basically a bad midi-orchestral mockup of Samuel Barber’s Adagio. I had to laugh really hard! These guys should be of no concern to the real producers. If a client buys that kind of ‘‘music’’ and trusts the producer, you probably don’t want to work with that kind of a client.
Even though many people have a bad experience this Feb, I believe it will get better. Wishing all of you great sales!

4 Likes

Non exclusive

Thank you! Yes, there are many cheaters on AJ. And unfortunately big part of them earn easy money. This Feb is really horrifying, hope this is just temporarily.

3 Likes

Ok, you’re in our “boat”! :wink: Good luck with sales! :point_right::+1::point_left:

2 Likes

I believe it is temporary. Keep your head high.

You have been an inspiration for many authors with your story (including me)
You’ll never have to return to office again, just be confident and keep producing high quality and original tracks and of course work harder.

Let’s just hope this downward spiral ends soon. ( And i believe it will)

4 Likes

It remains only to work hard.

1 Like

I’m sure of this :slight_smile: