Hi all. I am a relative novice at site building. I’ve built maybe 2 previous sites from straight HTML and CSS code using templates. I’ve also built 2 more sites more recently using free WP templates that fit the bill for what I needed. These were straight informative sites and blogs for my businesses. However recently, I have been tasked with what I refer to as a repository of information that is relative to a hobby that will be heavily dependent on UGC. I can best describe it as a focused community site that will serve as a research point and probably a bit of social interaction. I’ve been looking through the UGC templates that are offered through Envato, but have been reluctant to pull the trigger as I don’t want to buy something that does not meet my expectations. It can be somewhat overwhelming looking through the offerings as to what I can narrow it down to, but I’m leaning toward Katya, Uploader, & FacePress. Since most of you here have tons of more experience than I do, I’m fishing for opinions and why you have them. Here’s what my expectations (hopes…lol) are of the theme.
- Front-end uploading that is ridiculously easy as my base can be an impatient and somewhat unsavvy lot (drag and drop capabilities would be sweet) . 0
- The ability to upload all photographic image file formats that are out there.
- The ability to upload all video format files that are out there.
- The ability to upload all audio file formats that are out there.
- Registration for contributors will be mandatory, but uploads will be available to anyone stumbling onto the site.
- The ability to moderate posts as they come in for lower level contributors (Yes, I’d like to have various levels for contributors
- Players for the audio and video files that are pretty much universal in compatibility with all of the most used web browsers.
- A template that is Gutenberg ready.
- Login for users from FB, Twitter, IG, or G+ if that is possible.
- RSS that is compatible with all of the above sites, if possible.
- The ability to require users to pay a subscription if I decide that it is necessary.
- The ability to place targeted advertising on pages as the traffic makes it possible to sell it.
- The ability for all users to upvote or downvote submissions, but I’m not so sure that I’m going to allow commentary. My user base can be ridiculously judgemental on submissions and also easy to get butthurt.
- The ability to add an e-commerce section down the road to sell paraphernalia related to our field and that is branded.
There’s probably more, but I think that’s quite enough for the moment. This will be a very large site in the number of pages and will also require much on-site storage. I just don’t trust links over time and I want to stay away from them as much as possible.
I know it’s a lot. I would like to find a template that fits these parameters as much as possible with a minimum of add-ons. I’ve just been inundated with them on my previous sites using free templates and themes.
Thanks ever so much for reading this far through if you did and thank you in advance for your valued opinions as to a good fit.