Switch to Single Resolution for Photos

Don’t be a dreamer there is no any community anymore.

1 Like

I don’t want to be so dramatic :slight_smile: but what is happening now accross all marketplaces across Envato is a bit scarry :frowning:

A lot of changes meant to discourage new authors.

Surely they know how to kill authors’ motivation.

1 Like

What serious business does ask for opinions from their community though, when making major business decisions? What business publishes their plans in a public forum for people to give feedback on. Yes, there will be a few exceptions I’m sure, and the odd marketing gimmick (decide our next flavour of potato chips/crisps etc)… but it’s not exactly commonplace. Sure, any good business will monitor customer feedback and take that into account when making changes… but asking their buyers and contributors what they want or whether they should or shouldn’t implement something? It’s like the old saying… if Ford had asked people what they wanted, before he released the car, they would have asked for faster horses.

3 Likes

And market research and surveys are a bit different… they influence decisions. I’m on about when decisions are made and then opinions are elicited.

Bye bye my number one place for stock photos. The only reason why I used photodune exclusively was the modern and innovative price system. Now you are not better than any other photo stock place that wants to make just money. And now you are more expensive than most of them. I hope you go back to the old system else you will lost many many customers!

1 Like

I use photodune for PowerPoint. I don’t need a $9 poster sized image. Envato, what am I meant to do to get a small $2-3 image, it’s asking me for $9. Ahh soo confused. Does this mean I need to look elsewhere? Damn, I really liked this site.

1 Like

Just letting you know…:
FORD was a bloody opportunist, helped Nazis to manufacture their war materiel.
Doesn’t sound good. Ethics first.
(And I am surely talking about FORD when I mention the word “ethics”).

^ How does that sound?
Great vision, right? (Wrong comparison, IMHO, friend… Ford & Envato… Apples & Oranges)

Really disappointed ;-(
Your collection is nice and the price was great for small projects !
Thanks for your service during last years but I will now shop elsewhere. Really sad. Bye

By the way, would “FORD” force their customers to buy a “MUSTANG SHELBY GT350” while their customers want only to buy a “Fiesta”?

The answer is “No”.

1 Like

Forcing? We are welcome to leave. :slight_smile:

However I understand that there will be some authors, affiliates and users who may find that this means that selling with Envato no longer makes sense. As always, it’s important for every user to weigh up their situation and consider what’s best for them.

So disappointed to see this dramatic price hike. I’m a freelancer and per my advice, three of my clients have started envato accounts. As we only need low resolution images for web-use, I will be advising them to request reimbursement for prepaid credits and take their business elsewhere. Suggestions of new stock photo sources from other users in this forum?

1 Like

i think it would be a little unfair/brash if we would use envato forums to share links here.

but you can use google - its not hard to find new resources. (without subscription)

i dont know if it has something to do with photodune but one provider even started a special offer last week where you can buy low resolution images for 1$.

could be a targeted promotion or a coincidence.

The ethics of the man has absolutely nothing to do with the analogy. The analogy is sound whether he was a genocidal dictator or the recipient of multiple Nobel Peace Prizes.

Just letting you know ; one of the “lucky” guys who won a Nobel Peace Prize was entirely destroyed almost half a dozen countries. :wink: - So, “Nobels” are not something to take seriously. Well, unfortunately this is the system we live in.

PS: You know I like you friend, wish you the very best. :slight_smile:

Back to the subject…:

“Envato. Motivate your authors. Don’t do the opposite.”

1 Like

Whatever model you are implementing you are just loosing customers. That is simple message. It doesn´t make sense to buy something I don´t have utilization for. It is really bad news for me :frowning:

1 Like

You’re pricing people out of your marketplace. Sad considering I enjoyed being here but currently hate the changes and lack of support. Will look elsewhere.

2 Likes

It appears this was well hidden and by design. Thanks for providing this link that so many former customers will need.

**Bye photodune and the rest of envato. The idea of shunning your customers for a “test” of your proposed “roadmap” is extremely dangerous to the community and the lack of support or credible responses to each members concerns shows exactly how you feel about your customer base.

Even if you returned to the old model at this point, I believe the damage is done, you broke the trust of some of your truly champion customers and that is not easily undone or “fixed” especially given that the holidays are here and plenty of your former customers have found alternatives.**

2 Likes

Just another voice in the din, but I will also have to be looking elsewhere. Really sucks too, because I am absolutely here for the exact reason that I could pay for what I needed, not completely unnecessarily huge files. I may not be a daily buyer myself, but I sure have recommended this site to a helluva lot of my clients with glowing praise. Not anymore I guess.

1 Like