Surprising Hard Reject

Hello, guys!!
Today I received a hard reject for a hybrid cinematic track. I don’t have a problem with hard reject message ( very rarely for me), I’m not angry but still amused because I’ve thought my “Epical” item will produce a lot of sales here. Enyway, they said:

“After completing our review, we’ve determined that ‘Epical’ isn’t at the
quality standard needed to continue forward with the review process on
AudioJungle. As the submission is too far off the standards we require,
you’ll be unable to re-submit on this occasion.
This submission does not meet our commercial production
(samples/recording/mixing/mastering) standard, and our commercial
composition/arrangement standard, unfortunately.”

Really??? Is this too far of the standards?? Ok. I’ll put it as a free file, no problem.

https://soundcloud.com/soundbeaver/epical

This is the track, I will like to hear your opinion.

hey man i can provide some feedback here!
First of all your string progression is too repetitive!
Secondly your percussion layer has almost no reverb and proper room!
In my opinion this tracks is not a hybrid but an orchestral-ish track!
Another one is that your sticks on percussion are not quantized properly !
Also some strings are pulling back your track especially on your finale!
Your brass is way too distorted on some parts of the finale !
The proper way to make horns full and wider is usually without distortion but with eq!
Your volume levels are good ! but i think you need better orchestral libraries and use reverbs more wisely in the mix!
I hope that helps !

ps. Maybe i am wrong but thats how it sounds in my ears(and monitors) !

2 Likes

There is a strange gap on the first few seconds in the strings section. Its like you take a sample and didn’t loop it perfectly. Not good :slight_smile:

ohh this too ! :smiley:

@AmazAudio Totally agree with you Master Jedi and you @Enrize too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
may be the force with you

1 Like

I agree with @AmazAudio. And to my mind main problem that mix sound is too raw. When you fix all other problems, try to work with verb and to get more professional sound. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Maybe the sound is to raw, yes. Specially the drums. The percussion stick are quantized but with a little human flow. It’s a NI Damage loop of course, quantized by them. Oh, the gap… I didnt realised… haha! Different ears and minds too.

Thanks for sugestions, guys. I appreciate!!:slight_smile:

You too abruptly violin sound balance should be clearly distributed , and because of this is not commercially sound notes of inspiration )))) Very good track I like it )))

1 Like

I think it sounds a lot better than EVERY SINGLE track I just listened to that got approved today. I think someone was just rejecting stuff today for no good reason

1 Like

More of the approved epic tracks these days are a little bit to dark and spacey on the drums section, because the abundance of reverb and halls. Personally I don’t like it.
Anyway, thanks for appreciation​:slight_smile::slight_smile:.Sometimes I feel the human factor (the taste, specially) its more decisive than the music rules.