Support - how to deal with time wasters who write 100 support questions not related to the subject?

Hi guys,

I’m quite a newbie in TF. I’ve launched a theme around half a year ago. And I sell support.

While most of the issues come due to client-server configuration issues. Still, I got some time-consuming questions about 3d party plugins, customization issues which I am not obligated to support.

Sometimes I help them if I have time. But now I got few clients (from the way they ask i believe they experience is max 1y) who sent me around 10-20messages a day completely out of topic about my theme.

I would like to ask you how do you deal with this kind of time wasters. I bet everyone wants to have 5* ratings, and it might be hard to reject or ignore these empty comments, but then clients might get furious. How do you deal with it? Do we have some options like the “ignore client” button in the comment section?

Say them as it is - the support does not cover 3rd part plugins or if they ask for some custom modification say that you are not offering custom modifications and send them link to envato studio OR if you want to do custom modifications, say ok, that is custom modification and it will cost you “xxx” and that is.

I am doing custom modifications for my customers if I don’t need more then 10min for that - some custom CSS/JS or some extra image in header/footer/menu which need to be added manually (“hard coded”).

1 Like

You need to politely explain them that support has its limits.

Check out this article:

Thank you! Very useful link, yet the trouble is when the client says that something is wrong with the theme. First thing I ask if I can’t answer for server logs and wp-admin to be sent to my email. And then via email (not via comments panel), he starts sending me 10+ messages a day, asking like “what do you think about colors I changed” etc. I know most clients calm down after the first response, but there are just a few very bothersome. When you respond “we are not obligated to answer this and that” second email comes “why not” and then the conversation might go forever and ever.

The second question does my ignorance (i mean I just read his comment but do not reply) will affect my rankings as an author in some way?

The second question does my ignorance (i mean I just read his comment but do not reply) will affect my rankings as an author in some way

Unless the user won’t give you a review then not. If he give you a bad rating because of this then contact Envato support and explain them your situation.

1 Like

Nice. Thank you! I didn’t knew i could contact envato regarding this.