Suggestion for Item Settings Page

Since Envato is striving to give owners more control, could I possibly suggest some new settings for the items? There are a couple things I seem to waste my time with and it’s aggravating because there is not much I can do about it.

• Make Version Updates Easier
    Firstly, WooCommerce 3.0 was released over a week ago. I have submitted the update via the link on the settings page, but it’s still not there. Support tickets and messages asking me why the latest WooCommerce is not supported is wasting my time and the customers, not to mention yours for having to update every time. I have to explain to them that it is supported, but CodeCanyon won’t let me list it. Why not just have a select box where we can select a plugin (and perhaps with an ‘Other’ option where we can enter something that is not there), and then an empty text input so I could say 2.6+ or 2.6 - 3.0. It just seems every update I am waiting on someone to add it to the list.
  • Give the ability for other settings requirements
    Most developers should know that once a PHP version is no longer supported by PHP themselves, you shouldn’t be using it. That means not writing your plugins for it either. If I want to include a function that is only available in PHP 5.6 then I should be able to list that as an official requirement. I can write in the description all I want, but it seems there are many people who don’t get that far and then declare my plugin is malfunctioning because it won’t work with their outdated PHP version.

I do understand the second change would make it not possible for the ‘attributes’ tab, but why is it necessary anyway? I thought this field was for displaying statistics to the customer, not linking them to other products compatible with the same plugin…

Hello,

You should submit a ticket to Envato Help Team and let them know your suggestions to make this part of the marketplace better. If they consider your suggestion as a good ok, they will implement it.

Regards

Thanks, I didn’t realize they took suggestions there as well.

1 Like