Suggest a company that offers good dedicated server

Hi,
Can you help me and suggest a company that offers good dedicated servers ?

PS I tried to get server from H e t z n e r but they requested a copy of my passport which is something I am not comfortable to do.

What are detected servers at all? Or do you mean dedicated?

Yes. Updated

I had very good experience with dedicated servers from these companies:

SoftLayer
LiquidWeb (probably the best one)
OVH
Tailor Made Servers

I know about OVH but their prices seems little high to me.

LiquidWeb offers really strong servers but I don’t need more than 4 cores ( Intel Xeon Turbo is preferable ) with 32GB Ram… They offer 16 Core with the one that had 32GB ram so the price is over my budget.

Thank you for your help.

You may want to check Tailor Made Servers then. They have a wide range of servers, and you can contact them for special offers -sometimes they have a few low-budget servers that are not listed on main website. Used their service for 3 years without a single issue. Just be aware their servers are unmanaged, so you need to have at least basic skills in server management.

All what I need is installed OS and SSH access I can take care of the other technical stuff.

Have you a ever heard of this company dedispec ? They are probably using the same hardware as Tailor since both of them are located in USA.

Never heard of them, but a quick look at WHT forums suggest they are pretty reputable.

1 Like

Is dedicated server better option?

It is really important what hosting services you use. People tend to go with cheaper options and that is a mistake in my opinion. The worst thing you can do is to go with free hosting because it is destined to work bad and have bad security. My friend works a lot with hosting and he told me to get dedicated server. He found cheap dedicated servers from GTHost. They have available servers 24/7 and it will take you just 15 minutes to get one. Their worldwide servers make it possible to get their services everywhere for a great price available to anyone. You get Intel Xeon, 16GB of Ram with 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD, it is up to you and If you need more you can get it. I listened to my friend and I got a dedicated server and now I don’t worry about it anymore.

A word of warning - noticeably cheap dedicated hosting tends to be for a reason and not the same as premium options.

Depending what you are planning on using it for then there are also good VPN solutions that are still not cheap but not as much as premium dedicate servers

You mean VPS not VPN ? right ?

I think he meant VPS indeed. - This is the definition of a VPS - "Virtual private server, is a form of multi-tenant cloud hosting in which virtualized server resources are made available to an end-user over the internet via a cloud or hosting provider. "

Definition of a VPN - “set of sites that communicate over the open Internet but with the security and management capabilities of a dedicated circuit or frame relay network.”