Submission Limit Changes for Music Authors

privet.

30 is fine, 10-15 is bad.
the measures you suggest will make the people leave the market. because you only can do 15 tracks amonth, and this doesnt give you incomes that will settle you.

Good question @IllogicalMusic, I just checked up on this!

So as an added point to my message above, new authors will need at least 2 items reviewed before their account can be considered for the upper limit. This is because the lowest limit for the music category now is 2 items. Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

If I submitted an item and then, for any reason deleted it from queue BEFORE review - does it count?
I think now it works exactly this way: if you uploaded and then deleted - anyway it counts as -1 submission opportunity.

It does count. I found out the hard way. Roll on 1st November!

So this is completely unfair, because I did exactly the same thing yesterday!! Just to change my name to my track!!! If that’s really the case, I’ll be mad!:thinking::persevere:

Yeah, the same, i just realised that i mistaken on bpm input — and we don’t have any “edit submission” option — so i hit “Delete” and booom, minus 1 submission.
That’s kinda strange and i think its a simple bug. Hopefully :slight_smile:

I mentioned it to support but was not given my uploads back so I think it must be a new rule. I guess don’t upload unless you are absolutely sure your track is ready, or just wait until it’s passed before editing.

In the future, don’t feel like you have to delete your submission over a simple mistake like that. If your track would otherwise be approved and the reviewer finds a mistake of that type, you’re most likely to get a simple soft-reject instructing you to fix the issue.

Resubmission of soft-rejects and other kinds of updates are usually cleared right away, often within minutes, in my experience.

Hope that helps you save some of your submission slots in the future! :beers:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all, I just wanted to give an update on items being counted towards your limit if they are removed from the queue before being reviewed.

We agree that this was not an intended outcome of the change, and so have made some changes so that it will no longer occur :slight_smile:

TL;DR if you upload an item for review, but remove it for any reason prior to it being reviewed, it will not be reflected within your limit.

12 Likes