Submission Limit Changes for Music Authors

30 items limit makes no sense if it was made for decreasing review time. I believe most authors have good approval ratio, and i afraid it will become even harder for reviewers to review so much items. I don’t understand how review time can be reduced by this.

1 Like

Couple of years ago Envato made a video, where AJ reviewers talked about the review process, rejections, etc, and they said there’s huge amount of bad items or simply junk they’re dealing with each day. Time passed since then, i guess now things are even worse in this matter, since recent global occurrences. So it’s very possible that amount of rookies with submediocre items is so big, that it causes DDOS attack on Envato’s reviewing department.

4 Likes

This is really cool news, I hope it will not complicate the work of reviewers and will not bring chaos to the stock.

I personally feel like if you’re submitting more than 5 per month then the quality isn’t going to be great anyway, I don’t know who can manage to upload 30 in 1 month.

3 Likes

Now you will see the “is this song ready to upload?” threads… :joy:

4 Likes

yep I just made that exact post lol. Probably better than the moderators having to sift through everything though.

in any case - no more than twice a month :smile:

1 Like

In lieu of the recent changes that will all affect authors, particularly newer ones, would it not be benefical to have a specific forum section that deals with approval advice and all things pertaining to uploading rather than having a forum full of posts seeking advice for their items prior to uploading. (If that makes sense)

3 Likes

I reckon this would be a great idea. Then we can all get back to what the AudioJungle forum is really for… moaning about the lack of sales and the elements banner! :smile:

1 Like

Moaning and complaining should result in a forfeit of uploading 30 items in any given calender month.
Praise for the banner is rewarded with an additional 5 uploads per month.

1 Like

We will see soon somebody asking what happen with months with 31 days, or February… :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

So what’s the difference between ordinary and Elite authors now?

I hope so. :laughing:

That sounds like a good plan. Make it 75% :wink:

At the moment Elite can have more items in the review queue than non-elite.

Well, exclusive elites get the lowest author fee of 12.5%, but other than that they all get a lovely collection of orange pixels on their profile page. And bragging rights, of course.

Good news!

Without a difference. It won’t affect sales anyway. They’re gone! Somewhere…

1 Like

I am so glad about this! When i started on Audiojungle about 6 years ago, I used to make so many tracks and submit them for approval and at one point was almost earning enough pcm to live on. Then the limit of 5 came and it completely discouraged me and I rarely upload here anymore. It’s nice to check my upload limit and see 30 items, gave me a massive boost to get uploading and earning from here again. Good job and wishing everyone luck with sales!

3 Likes

“Boy, are you guys dumb. You guys are so dumb!”. Quoting War Games here.

It’s a brilliant plan. With 30 tracks/m limit it’s fairly easy to fall back into <50% category - we all know how picky our dear reviewers are… And I’m sure that in a couple of months the amount of authors with higher approval ratio will decrease significantly :slight_smile:

1 Like