I am having an issue with Subcategory pages 404ing.
Desired URL hierarchy:
- Blog = /blog
- Category = /blog/CAT
- Subcategory = /blog/CAT/SUBCAT
- Post w/ Category as primary = /blog/CAT/POST
- Post w/ Subcategory as primary = /blog/CAT/SUBCAT/POST
- Blog page is set to be /blog
- Permalink structure = /blog/%category%/%postname%/
- Category base = empty
- Yoast SEO “Remove the categories prefix” = Remove
Everything else is working, except the Subcategory pages are 404ing. And the actual URL that is successfully loading for the Subcategory pages is /CAT/SUBCAT — but this is not what is linked in the sitemap or on the blog posts which are in a subcategory.
I have tried a few different combos of settings, but not successful yet. How can I resolve this issue and get my desired URL hierarchy?
Thank you in advance.