Striking out lately with AJ, need some advice

Music composition and audio engineering has been a steep learning curve for me, but I have managed to get 7 pieces accepted by AJ. Lately, however, I’ve gotten several hard rejections in a row and I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I know my skills are only improving, and I’m not inundating the site with new compositions. Have the criteria for quality or for what’s commercial changed? Thanks for your thoughts, everybody.

Hi. Hard rejections could not only happen because of the productions skills. There are several other factors such as usability, commercial value, arrangement etc. Its best if you upload your rejected tunes somewhere and post it here. Other authors could give you some valuable suggestions on how you can improve your tracks.

Good luck!

Hi @Drop-D, in my opinion and regarding my tracks that have been accepted and refused I can see a pattern. Most of the track accepted on AJ are the one that will suit the best with a video content. So to original tracks or tracks that cannot be synchronized have less chance to be accepted. For instance, corporate songs with nice guitar theme and light drums seems to be much appreciated. You should check out the best sales by genre, this will give you a good idea of what kind of tracks are appreciated by Envato customers.

Cheers.
C.