StockFootage time review

Let’s go for 100 ! :smiley:

2 Likes

it’s not far from reality… and then waiting for 365 days)

2 Likes

When the Submit button is clicked you’ll get the cringeworthy popup ‘To Infinity and Beyond’.
There’s a clue for the review time right there.
Or maybe it indicates Envato have simply lost your clip. It can happen.
Either way - rest assured your footage has disappeared into the VideoHive space-time continuum.
Doubtless @SpaceStockFootage can explain the physics behind this :wink:

2 Likes

Fifty seven days (57) to wait. Working hard they say…

This problem last for months.
Waiting days number continuously increasing with no stopping signs.
Envato gives no updates, comments, information, do nothing visible for the change.

This situation is big disrespect to stock footage authors.

3 Likes

This really is a joke. I’m somewhere over 4 weeks and counting (like everyone else it seems). If Envato really want to make Videohive into a decent stock site then they need to look after the people that create the products for the marketplace. Are you listening Envato?? That means the authors!
I’m done waiting for months just to get a clip approved. Time to move my clips to a marketplace that will actually list my products.
As for the rejection of often great quality clips (not mine), why not let the market decide what’s good and bad? It’s too bad, this marketplace was looking promising for a while.

3 Likes

i don’t know what to say in this case…
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year )))

2 months wait!

3 Likes

It’s been 2 months and they now say 68 days … I am done. I won’t upload anymore on videohive! The review team sucks! It’s not worth it anymore.

2 Likes

More that 3 months :slight_smile: This is really a joke, not talking allready about the refusal reasons. Too bad, it was very promising stock, now it is starting to fall down…

2 Likes

Reviews are done thru guidelines that Envato enforces right? Then give us that want them the guidelines and catch up with review time and all the rejections that you say are so bad you or we should if they are as bad as you review catch them immediately done boom just like how you clean your email inbox. Please let us help you to help us, Help you , to Help us ( tom cruise pleading look ) FINE !!! FINE !!! But seriously tell us how we can help show us that you are alpha and are deserving of these months of review because all I ask is 2 weeks and let 10 or 20 of us help and we will have a virtual office that meets over Skype or FaceTime to get done what needs to. Let us help the company that we all love and respect to keep what love and respect is left before its lost. So dramatic but true there is a lot of hurting people that need this flow of traffic from new files hitting their portfolio and with this speed they will only have 4 narrow windows of file approval to make a whole yrs worth of income. Begging Please Help!

1 Like

Last official update from Envato Team was on Oct’16 ! Press “Like” if you think we need NEW one!

17 Likes

This really is not a joke. It’s a serious problem.

Just to add a bit of context and scale to the wait times…

If you check the date of the last item on page 60 of stock footage, you’ll see that on average, 200 items are approved every day. What’s the current wait… nearly 3 months?

And if you check the date of the last item on page 60 of motion graphics, you’ll see that on average, 90 items are approved every day. What’s the current wait… 5 days?

So that means, at the time of upload, there are about 450 items ahead of you in the queue for motion graphics. And there are 18,000 items ahead of you in the queue for stock footage. So even if they moved everybody from reviewing motion graphics over to stock footage, the review time would only drop from 90 days (or whatever it is now) to about 62 days. And if we wanted it to get back down to under a week… they’d need to approve 2,500 items a day. Sure, once the queue was cleared then it would be a lot less than that, but still.

These are averages based on my rough calculations (i have no idea of the exact numbers in the queue), but it gives a bit of perspective to the queues. 18,000 items is a lot to get through! My point? I’ve no idea! Just doing ‘the math’.

Three months is definitely a bit on the long side though!

I whould like to add a little more context to wait times.
Today one of my items has been rejected. It has taken 86 DAYS for the videohive reviewers (my only new item i this time)
However, in this 86 days (since 21th November) the number1 of the videohive ranking and power elite autor “Pressmaster” has gotten at least 1700 new aprobed items, and if I had to consider the new hight quality standars on videohive, I suppose even the “Pressmaster” has some rejected videos so maybe this author uploaded around 2000 items, and the “Pressmaster” is not the only case .So we only need 10 authors like this in order to get a 18000 items in the queued. Maybe I´m wrong but I have this feeling.
I don´nt know the solution, if videohive doesn´t want or can not hire more reviewers, maybe they can to put some limit in the number of videos that autors can upload in a week, I could be more fair for the 99% of the authors

1 Like

Glad I checked this thread out before going to the trouble to upload again, think I’ll go over to my other outlets for the time being.

1 Like

I agree. Post must be at least 10 characters

I read all answers from moderators, and came to a conclusion that with such management they will retire in a niche of videostocks. This beginning of the end, and all beliefs that they work on a problem, after answers to become clearly that they don’t work on a problem, they save money on everything, are afraid or don’t want additional expenses on new employees. Such impression that video footages are checked by one person, and he uses a coin for approval of video

5 Likes

It’s time to shoot footage for the New 2018 and Christmas …

8 Likes

We deserve the official response, we know you are reading all of this! It’s been to long, it doesn’t make sense anymore!

4 Likes

Guys just letting you know: image

1 Like