Still hoping for ONE WP-theme-author with SAFETY on his mind ....

You are right - it is that simple.

Envato can’t force authors one way or the other, but no one is stopping author releasing this type of theme. They are just choosing not to.

Now we are back to where I started: I was looking for ONE developer to create a tracker and google-free Wordpress-Theme
But its very interesting what kind of excitement this simple statement created - seems that I hit a “wounded point” as we call it in German …

Its a beginning, I am sure the first safe WP-Theme surely will show up because people wake up.Its a meanwhile solution because blockchain soon will take over but its never too late to advise people caring for their own security because, as I said, the devil never sleeps
Lets wait for the first whistleblower-safe WP-Theme, it will come, I am sure :wink:

PS
But what you please should control and prohibite strictly is that authors place hidden links to their own social network profiles in a WP-theme. I hired a scripter to clean and control a WP-theme I purchased and he showed it to me: a hidden link leads to the authors profiles on facebook and twitter and tracks every visitor on my blog who also owns a FB or T profile, no matter if I activate the social networks or not on my blog … my scripter told me that this is more valuable for a theme-author than the few coins he earns from selling copies … we found it in 4 themes I purchased, 3 are out of order meanwhile but one is still online … how can this be legal ?